Discouraged | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Discouraged

I'm exactly 6 wks post op today, and I still can't wear my jeans. It hurts!!!! It feels like its squeezing me and I feel tender inside. This is really discouraging to me. Not to mention I seem to be losing my mind. I cried off and on for about 2 hrs, Friday night, because I spilled a drink.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Discouraged

it took me a while before I could fit in and feel comfortable wearing jeans, but eventually I did. hang in there, this was major surgery and everything inside is still tender and still in the healing process, give yourself a little more time
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Discouraged

Friday is my 6 week mark and I tried to put my jeans on. I was pretty discouraged also. You are not alone! I felt the same way, still quite tender. I know we will get there, it is just taking more time than we (at least me I know) expected! Keep hanging in there

I feel very lucky on the emotion thing. I don't have anything left and haven't had any crying spells...yet. Now the night sweats are another story!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Discouraged

I didn't feel comfortable in my jeans ( or any of my "normal" ) clothes for a few months after my hyst. My dr explained that initial recovery is between 6 - 8 weeks but complete recovery can take a year or so.
Hang it there; it should get better

I was also pretty emotional for awhile

Unread 03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Discouraged

Thank you everyone. I was really beginning to think that something was wrong with me. Not so much because I couldn't wear my jeans, but the reason WHY I can't wear them. I know most people around here don't understand when I say I am tender inside, that I can feel it if too much pressure is on my belly. So I was wondering if I was imagining it, or if something was wrong. I tried the jeans again today, it was a no go. sigh
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Glad somebody feels what I do

I am also 6 weeks today and am so glad to hear someone else is feeling tender and sore inside. I swear I felt better 2 weeks after surgery than I do now. Does anyone know when the discomfort will finally go away? My DH was planning to take me to Mrytle Beach this weekend for a special treat before I go back to work but I don't know if I'm up for the 7 hour drive.
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Discouraged

A 2 1/2 to 3 hr drive to our beach, which I've done twice since surgery, pretty much has me almost in tears by the time I arrive. And girls, I'M NOT A CRIER!! lol Be verrrry careful if you decide to make that trip. Usually 30 - 40 mins in a car or sitting position, is all I can take before I HAVE to get up and move around.

And I know exactly what you mean about feeling better at 2 wks than now. Whew!!! I'm so relieved its not just me or all in my head!!!
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Discouraged

Thanks for the advise Amy, I will wait until Friday to see how I feel. I think getting away for the weekend would make me feel better emotionally but I don't know if it will be worth it physically. Also could someone tell me what type surgery I had as far as these intials go( TAH, so on so forth) I had my uterus removed and a Burch procedure done on my bladder. My uterus was prolapsed and causing all my bladder problems.
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Discouraged

Geez, I don't want to disappoint anyone but I was almost 3 months post op before I put my jeans on; then I only had them on for about 2 hours.

Today, I am 6 months post op and still feel twinges sometimes. BUT I'm wearing my jeans more and more. My oncologist told me it would be at least a year before I could resume my exercise plan, lifting, etc. Of course, walking is okay. Like a previous post, this was major surgery. Organs were moved around and put back in place. Give yourself a chance to heal. Don't overdo because you could develop adhesions? Wish I had better news to deliver because we all just want our "normal" back.
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Discouraged

Phoenix, although that is a little discouraging, its at least a relief for me to know that its not just me and what I'm feeling isn't unusual.
When I put my jeans on, its only for a few mins before I feel like I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get out of them. lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register