hormone issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hormone issues hormone issues

Unread 03-18-2009, 08:27 AM
hormone issues

Hi Ladies,

I am almost 5 weeks post op, LAVH, ovaries and cervix removed.

Things have went fairly smooth.

Lately, I am finding these warm sensations, irritability "some" days and sleep issues.

What do you know about hormones and/or what do you do about these things?

Beautyful
44 yrs old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2009, 09:30 AM
hormone issues

did your dr discuss hormone replacement therapy with you before your surgery? if not, you might want to make an appt and tell him how youre feeling and see what he suggests. i hope you feel better soon!
Unread 03-19-2009, 08:35 AM
hormone issues

I researched HRT prior to hyst. I also had hyst with ov and cerv. removal. choose to take Bio-identical hormone replacement. Most Dr. not clued in on Bio-identical replacement. They are natural hormones compounded in a pharmacy. I started taking it immediately post op. 10 days later it was like someone turned on the heat in my body. I am 5 weeks post op and now most of my symptoms are under control. My pharmacist said it takes a good 6 or 7 weeks to get the dosage correct. I have had to increase mine twice. Be patient it will happen. I am also going on testosterone and progestrone replacement.

Good luck with your journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2009, 09:48 AM
hormone issues

I am not doing HRT. I suffer from migraines and part of the reason for doing the hyst was getting rid of the estrogen in hopes that the migraines would be better controlled. Come to find out that I had Endo so not doing HRT for sure!

I have not had any adverse reactions to the removal of my ovaries yet (4 weeks out). I am overweight and I have heard that fat holds onto estrogen so who knows. I do know that my emotions have been more level since my surgery which is wonderful.

Everyone is different and will have thier reasons for or against HRT. The best advice is to look at your situation and weigh the pros and cons for you.
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Re: hormone issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamdeni View Post
I researched HRT prior to hyst. I also had hyst with ov and cerv. removal. choose to take Bio-identical hormone replacement. Most Dr. not clued in on Bio-identical replacement. They are natural hormones compounded in a pharmacy. I started taking it immediately post op. 10 days later it was like someone turned on the heat in my body. I am 5 weeks post op and now most of my symptoms are under control. My pharmacist said it takes a good 6 or 7 weeks to get the dosage correct. I have had to increase mine twice. Be patient it will happen. I am also going on testosterone and progestrone replacement.

Good luck with your journey.
How/where did you find a doc who would prescribe bio-identical hormones? I have been attempting to find one in the Jacksonville, Florida area. The docs say it is not FDA approved, blah, blah, blah, however the hormone replacement my doc has me on is NOT working. How can I find a doc who will do the testing and prescribing?
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Re: hormone issues

Hi girls..

Okay, here's where I am at. I am 44 with no ovaries. I wasn't having horrible symptoms, but was having enough where it was becoming unbearable. The nights were pretty much where I was having mine. I would wake a couple hours after I went to bed. I would toss and turn with sleeplessness for what seemed like the whole night. While I would be sleepless, I would have hotflash after hotflash.

While getting my hair done, my hairdresser, whom I have known for years, who also had a hyst 2 years ago was asking me how things were going. I was telling her. She immediately had a solution. She recommended me to see her chiropractor who gave her "Phyto-b"(but you can get it off the internet as well). She swore by them and said everyone she had told about them thought they were life savers.

I tend to be a bit pesimistic, so I went wearily. I did get the phyto b. It says you can take up to 8 of these pellets (they call them, but they are small little pills) a day. You crack them with your teeth and put them under your tongue for 4-7 minutes. I started small and am now taking 2 in the a.m., and 4 before bed.

I am telling you, these saved my life. I have never felt better and they make everything good again. I am not hot, *****y, tired, sore, etc. I am even lubricated.

They are herbal (plant hormones) and work like a charm.

Hope this is a help to anyone that needs this!

Take care,

Beautyful
44 yrs old
LAVH 2/13/09
no cervix, no ovaries, phyto -b herbal hormone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register