Stressed and Confused about new surgery. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stressed and Confused about new surgery. Stressed and Confused about new surgery.

Unread 03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Stressed and Confused about new surgery.

Hello Ladies,

I am so stressed and confused about my upcoming surgery. My surgery is set for June 2, 2009. (Because I'm a teacher and we have 10 snow days to make up) Well in August the doctor starting throwing around the idea with having a hyster well we've tried everything and I'm still in pain. So Finally in January after 3 opinions all with the same result I was told and accepted the fact that I at 26 need a hyster. I was told that I was going to keep my ovaries because of my age. Well last week I started ovulating and I was in the worst pain. Pain meds would not work. I was in so much pain I fainted/passed out from the amount of pain that I was in. So I went to see the doctor and now he said I should have my ovaries removed because I am having pain when I ovulate which is from my ovaries. So now I'm 26 and will have to be on Estrogen for the rest of my life. The only hope is that there will be no more pain. I don't have anyone to talk to about my feelings. My mom is only 45 and her motto is "cramps don't stop no show". Which is frustrating because I would rather be in labor for 1 day then in non-stop pain for 3 weeks. So it's just me and my thoughts. Hmmm.... what's a girl to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2009, 04:13 PM

You know my doctor said I should have my ovaries out too, but I didn't want to. I am 42 and didn't want to go through surgical menopause. So I told her if they look healthy leave them. I too had pain when I ovulated. Had a big ole uterus pressing on them and turns out my fallopian tubes were stuck to them thus the pain at ovulation time. She was able to unstick the fallopian tubes and leave my ovaries. No more pain at ovulation time. Maybe there is another reason that you are having the pain other than just the ovulation. Just my

I am in education also. I had my surgery 3 days before Christmas so part of my recovery was during Christmas Break. So only actually 4 weeks off school. I had plenty of sick time though and with snow days only ended up using 18 days. We didn't go over on our snow days this year thank god. Used them all though. I would of waited til summer break though if I didn't have sick time.

Just wanted to send a your way.
Unread 03-19-2009, 05:58 PM

you might want to get another opinion or talk to your dr about other options if you keep your ovaries. youre very young to go into surgical menopause. have you ever been on birth control pills for your ovulation pain? maybe you could talk to your dr about trying that to see if it helps until your surgery..and if it does, continue to take them after your surgery if you keep your ovaries. do lots of research too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2009, 06:24 PM

Hi, orangekitten

Have you had a chance to talk with your doctor about the specific benefits and drawbacks of being on hormone replacement therapy for so many years? I am just now starting to learn about HRT, but it seems to me that you need to make a decision based on full and detailed information so you understand what risks you'll be facing either way.

It's difficult to live life normally when you have so much pain. I hope your can help you decide what's best for you.

Unread 03-20-2009, 07:28 PM

Thanks ladies!! It's a hard decision. I have been on all types of birth control. The pill makes me sick. Shots make me hungry all the time. I'm allergic to the patch. It is all hard. I have talked to several women in my family (aunts) who had hysters and kept ovaries and their pain still continues. They wish they would have had theirs removed. Because now they have to have them removed. This is a hard choice. I feel like I am barely a true adult and I have to make a decision this important. I go back and forth. One moment I'm fine with the choice and the next I am doubting it. I'm so confused.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register