Party cake - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Party cake

OMGsh!! My family actually threw me a surprise "uterus-going-away-party" last night!! My mom made a "uterus" cake complete with red velvet cake, pink frosting, plastic tubes for fallopian tubes and cupcake ovaries! It said "farewell old friends" and had a sign that said "the crib may be gone, but the playpen is still intact"!! After eating the cake, she took me out back where she had a large metal bucket and we burned a box of tampons!! It was quite a party! What made it more interesting was the obvious awkwarnes of my dad and brother-in-law and male family friend. HILARIOUS!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am one very blessed sister!
Tara~

Unread 03-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Party cake

hey Tara,

that is really cool! i wanted a "uterus going away party" but my birthday was only four days before my surgery..so i didn't get both!

but my hubby has been letting me eat as much ice cream as i want!!!!!

huuuuuuuggggggggggssssssssssss
jamesgirl
Unread 03-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Party cake

Hi Jamesgirl! How's your TVH recovery? I keep thinking the recovery won't be as bad as the pain I'm already having. What do you think?
And Happy late Birthday!
Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Party cake

thanks for the birthday wishes, Tara.......

well..i seem to be recovering more slowly than most of the people in my post op group... i am still on pain meds while most are off of them or are only on like ibuprofen or tylenol ........

but i am still hurting.... when i awakened in recovery unlike most people i have read about i was in extreme pain... i was begging for a hot water bottle..more blankets ( i was shaking all over!)......they said i had been running my legs in my sleep from the pain......

so..that really sucked.. but it was under control fairly quickly with the morphine pump.... i barely slept as i kept pushing my button every 6 minutes... then i would doze for a little while..still holding my button and push again releasing more morphine.. til finally i was sleeping a couple of hours at a time...and then waking up in some pretty bad pain and pushing my button and fading back out.......

so for me...the pain has been worse for this two weeks.. though i was taking Rx meds for the pain beforehand too.. at least THIS has an END in SIGHT!

i have my two week check up on Monday and i will post about it under post op..........

i hope that you don't wake up in the kind of pain i was in..most people seem to wake up fairly well controlled already........ felt to me like the worst cramps ever!

at least i have been a regular pooper..... i know that regular BMs can be hard for some people to come by.......

huuuuuggggggssssssssss
jamesgirl
Unread 03-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Party cake

Jamesgirl -
Aw! I'm so sorry it was that painful for you! I guess we just never know ubtil we go thru it. I, too, am on pain meds right now. I have been for about 4 months, ever since my d&c and iud placement in nov. What a crock! The iud was my last effort to make things "better" before deciding on hyst. It's only worse and now I feel like a drug addict! Except i actuall NEED meds to get thru life!
I think that's why I'm so excited to get this over with! For years I've had to choose between the lesser of two evils - life altering pain or life altering pain meds? UG! So over it!!

Also - Congrats on being a "regular pooper"!! It sounds funny, but I know that's a huge deal!! hehe

Thank for advice and I'll keep you in my prayers!!
Tara
Unread 03-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Party cake

thanks Tara, you are very sweet.... i truly hope that yours goes much better than mine did!

huuuuuugggggggssssssssss
jamesgirl
Unread 03-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Party cake

(((ladies)))

Just a friendly reminder that the "Friends Without Faces" forum is intended for fun topics and non-hysterectomy chatter. (Please check out the forum descriptor for more information).

Please be sure to post any questions, or conduct any surgery support discussions, in the <link>
Pre-Op Support Forum, where all our pre- and post-op members will have the opportunity to respond ~ in the true tradition of HysterSisters!

So as not to duplicate the purpose of our forums, we look forward to seeing you over on the hysterectomy boards for your support needs, but hope you'll still continue to enjoy social chatter and friendships here! With many thanks for your understanding and co-operation in support of the ((sisterhood)).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register