Does it just get worse the longer you wait? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does it just get worse the longer you wait? Does it just get worse the longer you wait?

Unread 03-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Does it just get worse the longer you wait?

hello! This website was so helpful during my hysterectomy. In the last 6 months my bladder has seemed like its getting weaker and weaker... I cant hold it.. I go all day long.. and Im just now thinking about going to see a urologist.
The thought of any procedure scares me... Im not peeing myself yet... but I do wear a pad most days just incase... If I sneeze I cant hold it... I have not had a really bad accidnet yet..
I do kegels all the time.. have been for a very long time..

My question is... if I keep putting this off does it get worse
?

Has anyone had one procedure and not had to have another, I see that many have had to have several...

The medication they have for this, has anyone taken? if so what were the results? The side effects they list scare me.

thanks for ANY advice!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2009, 10:59 PM

For me, personally, yes, it got worse. I started out with mixed incontinence. Both the stress (sneezing, coughing) and urge (frequency). This was within 6 months of my hysterectomy in '04. As my dr put it, it was not if I got it fixed, it was when I got it fixed. Over the past couple of years, I had noticed things got worse and worse. Come to find out I had a cystocele and a rectocele. I am now schedule for surgery next Wednesday and I think it will be the best decision (besides the hysterectomy) that I will have made to date.

I haven't taken the medications due to kidney stones. So I can't help you on that end. My sister does take it though and it has helped her on the frequency side of it. She was using the bathroom 4-5 times a night and she now sleeps through the night. As far as I know, she does not have any side effects.

Talk to your dr and see what they think would be the best option for you, whether it be medication at first to see if that helps or if surgery would be the best option.
Not sure if helped or not, but good luck.
Unread 03-25-2009, 07:25 AM

Yes, it did get worse. I had an abdominal hysterectomy in 2007 and my rectum prolapsed 4 weeks later. My bladder got steadily worse for frequency, pressure, leaking etc. I felt my rectum, having fallen forward, was pressing on my bladder and making things worse.
The leaking got unbearable. The amount I leaked got more and more each month. I would say it is better to have an early intervention even though it's a scary thought. I never took any medication for frequency but I have worn pads every day for years for my bladder. I hope you get it sorted out. I have just had A&P repairs and still feel pressure on my bladder but I am not leaking. It was just 5 weeks ago. Early days.
Good luck to you.
Anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2009, 07:15 PM

Thank you ladies for the info and advice!

Wish you both well!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register