Hysterectomy Nov. 20, 2008, how are others doing 4 months post-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy Nov. 20, 2008, how are others doing 4 months post-op? Hysterectomy Nov. 20, 2008, how are others doing 4 months post-op?

Unread 03-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Hysterectomy Nov. 20, 2008, how are others doing 4 months post-op?

I had my hysterectomy November 20, 2004 and am doing well. I'm still a little tired some days and other days I feel like I can go all day and night without rest.
I was just wondering how my other sisters who had their surgeries the same week as me are doing?
Are you tired, go through depression, gaining weight, sleeping well, etc. etc.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Re: Hysterectomy Nov. 20, 2008, how are others doing 4 months post-op?

Hi Deb:

I had my SAH on 11/19/08 and just starting to feel like my old self. Two weeks after surgery, I had a bacterial infection which took allot out of me. I started back to work in early January and felt exhausted along with breast tenderness and body aches. I changed my diet, using progesterone cream, and lost 11 pounds and feeling allot better! I'm having incontinence issues, seeing a physical therapist for biofeedback which has helped tremendously. It's been a LONG road, but each day I see minor improvements. Good to hear from an other four-month buddie and glad you're doing so well.
Unread 03-29-2009, 04:26 PM

am 8 months on and energy coming back.
had an infection in early days and am told healing still taking place.
am working full time but really cant sustain it and housework and social life.
Corinne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2009, 06:07 PM

I had my TAH on 12/19/08

I'm feeling better, slowly getting my energy back, I still have pain, but the pain is no near as bad as what it was before the surgery.

My biggest issues was dealing with a UTI and my Polycystic ovaries that seemed to go crazy on me these past few months growing very large cyst..
Unread 03-30-2009, 06:10 PM

Hi, Great to see this thread of others who have passed most of the winter since surgery. I had TAH/BSO on Dec. 1/08. Back to the Dr. today mostly because of bad UTI, but he is also sending me back to surgeon as still sitting on pillows, feel burning and pressure feeling inside, and don't have much stamina to do more than the basics. Also not fitting most of my clothes even though my current weight is the same as pre-surgery weight. I was a healthy person (surgery for suspected cancer- yeah it was fine!) and rested properly post-op and now exercise every day and eat healthy. I am looking forward to feeling myself again. Does anyone else feel as though there is an empty hole within them? I did not expect to feel any different then before after surgery healed. Glad to hear that perhaps getting your energy back etc. may just take more time. I have patience if I know that this is to be expected. I expected to be pretty much myself by now. The main thing is that we will reach the end of all this at some point, and then it will be a more positive memory.
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:59 PM

Glad to hear from my hystersisters and thanks for responding. There are days when I get down on all four to clean or put tile down I notice I am sore. I lost weight when I was at home recovering from surgery but when I came back to work I gained what I lost back. I tend to have sleepless nights and have to take melentonin to sleep. I still can't lift heavy things cause I hurt when I do. I just wonder how long it will take before I feel 100 percent again?

Best wished on all of your recoveries and hope that everyone feels better soon.

Deb
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:26 PM

Interesting to hear your stories. I'm about 15 weeks post op for endometrial cancer, radical hysterectomy. I was really wiped out for almost 8 weeks, but had post op shingles to deal with too. In last month I had another outbreak of shingles and upper respiratory infection. I;m doing way more, starting to exercise (elliptical and yoga) but I get really tired at the end of the day. I can;t believe it has taken this long and I'm still not 100%! I guess patience really is a virtue!
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:36 PM

I am feeling pretty good. Still some pain but it seems to me that it really is gas pains. That has been my worst problem & now that I am back on my diet I hope it gets better. I don't feel 100% but I feel I am doing well. I do get breast soreness when it would be that time of the month & I am not sleeping as well but that could be from anything. Well wishes to you all.
Unread 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM

I am still having some bladder problems, that were mis-diagnosed by the urlogist in my home town. Was seeing a pelvic floor PT on my own, because the urlogist said to take Detrol LA for six months and you will have good days and bad days. The new uro/gyno that I was told about by my PT found something in the urethra that was like a pimple(in simple terms) that was inflammed and thinks was causing the false signals to the bladder. That was popped and has relieved alot of the sensation of needing to pee 24/7. I know have alot of bowel problems, that may have been caused by the detrol, as it can slow down the bladder, but can slow down the intestines too. I get really bloated, and they move really slow. Have tried eating all the fiber and different laxatives and different stool softeners. They have referred me to a GI doctor, which I can not get in until April 20th. Yesterday I had so much pain and bloating, I went to the walk in clinic. They did an x-ray and could see the stool in all different places and air. I also had the pain that gets worse when I sit in the vaginal-urethra area (hard to tell where the pain is coming from) They tested my urine and said I had bacteria, but they were not sure if it was a UTI. Put me on antibiotics anyway and are going to culture it. I have the feeling that this is never ending. It is really hard sometimes to just make it through the day at work as I am so uncomfortable and in pain at times. I know this will end someday. It's going on 5 months and will be more by the time the GI doctor sees me. I am ready for a new me soon!!
Unread 03-31-2009, 07:59 PM

Hi, I had my surgery on 13th November and am feeling 110%. I feel fortunate in that I've had a very smooth recovery without any problems arising along the way. I sometimes have to remind myself not to overdo things during the day though, as I can still get a bit sore and my belly can still get a bit swelly at the end of the day if I'm not careful.

I did begin to have hot flushes around 5 weeks post-op and decided to try HRT, which is working very well. All in all, I'm feeling very good and am so glad that I had this surgery.

Best wishes to the all the other 4 month post-op princesses with your continued recoveries.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register