Partial hysterectomy in nov. 2007 and now ovarian cysts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Partial hysterectomy in nov. 2007 and now ovarian cysts Partial hysterectomy in nov. 2007 and now ovarian cysts

Unread 03-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Partial hysterectomy in nov. 2007 and now ovarian cysts

I think I am looking for sympathy and understanding... I thought all this was behind me, but I have had a very painful week. Last Monday, they thought I had a UTI and put me on Cipro. By Thursday, when i was worse, not better, my dr. said she suspected an ovarian cyst and gave me pain killers and ordered blood work and an ultrasound. I saw the images on the ulttrasound and although I am not a dr myself, each ovary appeared to be full of cysts and the right one, the one that is hurting me more, showed a cyst larger than a half dollar... I am in tremendous pain and left waiting for results. I really don't feel up to going through surgery again so soon, but if this is the alternative, I don't think I will have much choice. During the ultrasound, they also checked the blood flow to both of my ovaries which made me more nervous--i dont remember them doing that when they did the pelvic ultrasound before my hysterectomy... I sincerely hope that there is not the possibilty of ovarian cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Re: Partial hysterectomy in nov. 2007 and now ovarian cysts

Hi, Amethystheart, and

I'm so sorry you're in pain and scared. Do you know when you'll hear about the results? Many of us here have also been in the situation of waiting for test results, wondering what's going on and what will be found.

You've found a great place for support. The women here are so open and willing to share their experiences to help others through their own gynecological journeys. We do have a special forum, Ovaries Only, that is just for women who are facing the removal of ovaries after a hysterectomy or without a hysterectomy. You may find that to be the perfect place to ask questions about what you're experiencing right now.

Meanwhile, I am so glad you've found us. Please be sure to let us know how your tests went.

I'm sending you a huge :cybhug:.

Unread 03-29-2009, 06:45 PM

Thank you for your kindess! I should know something early this week. I sense intuitively that more surgery is coming and soon. Hopefully I will be wrong. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2009, 07:09 PM

i hope the results are goo and not resulting in surgery or anything scary for you. I also have cysts, when dr did my hyster he said he drained the cysts that were on my ovaries, said they were small. I had to have an u/s recently due to thought of infection after surgery and I had cysts back again. They were small but I am concerned they are going to give me problems in the near future. Keep us posted on everything.
Unread 03-29-2009, 08:10 PM

I wonder if they checked the blood flow to your ovaries because you've had a hyst? I'm not up on my anatomy, but I've read that blood flow to the ovaries can be messed up for a little while after a hyst. Or maybe they were looking to see if one of your ovaries had twisted on it's blood supply. If a twist was there, they would have done surgery immediately as that's a medical emergency. Apparently you're OK and don't have that prob, so that's good news.

I'm sorry you're going through this after already having one surgery. I've had cysts before and they always resolved... Until this last one made me have surgery. I hope your cysts resolve for you w/out surgery!

Unread 03-29-2009, 08:18 PM

I hope for the best for you in that you wont need surgery to fix anything. Some things can be fixed easier. Best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register