Chemo #4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-28-2001, 06:01 AM
Chemo #4

Chemo #4 is coming up this Thursday. Originally my doc said six to eight
treatments. I plan on finding out what criteria he will use to decide. But I
am ready to do eight if he feels that's best for me. So after Thursday I'll
either be half way done or two thirds of the way done. I really enjoyed my
four week break this cycle. Hard to believe summer is winding down already.
I am recruiting friends and family for the Walk for The Whisper in Phila. the
end of September. Thanks again for your loving support. You have all
made doing this battle more doable for me!!!!!
karenann ovcaIII
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2001, 08:18 AM
Chemo #4

You sound wonderful, and I love your positive attitude!! Way to go Karen!! Keep your spirits up and know that we are all cheering you on!!
Unread 08-28-2001, 12:56 PM
Chemo #4

Karen!!! Hugs!!!

I agree with Cyd, you DO sound wonderful. I was thinking this was your week. Gosh the time flies by between those darn treatments doesn't it?!!

How wonderful that you are doing the Walk. Its a wonderful cause. I have not heard anything about that here. I know they have the walk for breast cancer here. I would have thought it would be advertised if they were having it here as well. I should call and find out, because I would like to do that as well.

Good luck with your treatment and good that you are going to find out just how many more you have a well.

My Sister in Law starts in 2 weeks for ovarian/bowel, and she goes for 3 days every 3 weeks for 6 months. I haven't talked to her myself so not sure what drugs she will be on, but I worked it out today, and she will have just about the same number of treatment days as I had but mine were over 2 1/2 months, because I had the 5 days sessions, plus one drug I had to have every week. I offered to go with her the first couple times if she would like, but she hasn't got back to me on that. My brother (her husband) will go I am sure.

She is going out to but her wig next week! She thought I was brave to shave my hair off when it started coming out.....I think onces she sees the way it comes out, she will want to do that as well. Its not pleasant for sure.

Anyway girl, you take care, and pop in and let us know how you make out and how many you have left.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Karen!
Hugs!!
Maria xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2001, 02:12 PM
Chemo #4

Yes Karen !!!! you do sound wonderful. Please do continue to let us know how you are going. Much love always x x
Unread 08-28-2001, 06:34 PM
Chemo #4

{{Karen}}

I'm so happy to hear your spirits are doing so well. Wow! I can't believe either how far you're into your treatments already! I remember it seemed that they went very quickly too for me.

It's wonderful you're planning on doing the walk coming up. I'm also trying to find out information for my area and hope they'll be having one. I know they did last year but I missed it.

I did see a notice at the Cancer Clinic I go to for my hematologist appointments that September is Ovarian cancer awareness month so hopefully they'll be able to provide some additional information.

Hang in there gal, you're doing wonderfully and you've really got the right attitude to beat this! Please know we're here for you every step of the way.

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register