How soon did you return to work after LSH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How soon did you return to work after LSH? How soon did you return to work after LSH?

Unread 03-31-2009, 03:37 PM
How soon did you return to work after LSH?

Hi girls,

I am 12 days post op and am going to start working half days tomorrow. I do have a desk job so it is not strenuous. I went out for a drive today for the first time to see how I would feel. It went well, and the drive to work is only about 15 minutes.

It would help to hear others experiences.

Hugs to all,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Re: How soon did you return to work after LSH?

hi
i had my op on feb 10 and returned to work on feb 25, i do marketing/pr and sit at computer all day with desk...planned on going back part time but turned out i could handle the 8 hours no problem. i wore sweat pants and took it at my own pace. i have a 12minute commute and drove myself. i was fatigued in evenings and chose to get into jammies when i got home and in bed early. it only became hard when my natural estrogen wore off (weeks 4/5) and since my ovaries are out i started getting surgical men. and of course i would not sleep in spurts at night and felt i could sleep when it was time to get up for work.

be prepared for the "peanut gallery" no pun intended... they will tell you that you are crazy to go back to work and that this is your healing time, but with the LASH/LSH it is easier to resume schedule with keeping in mind i was healing on inside and still at week 7 not lifting or misbehaving.

good luck

LASH only 25% cervix left+
Unread 03-31-2009, 05:49 PM

Yes, I think with the LSH the healing time is much faster, I was up today most of the day. It is 6:45 here and right now I am having some pulling and pressure so I decided it was time to get into bed for the night. I plan on going in for half days but will go by what I feel.

I will confess that I had a lot of strange pain and went to the drs. last Friday and was sent for a CT scan and the results today showed that I have stones in both kidneys and also diverticulitis. I am listening to my body but feel that I can go back to work.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2009, 07:00 PM

I went back to teaching 12 days after my LSH. I taught every other day (MWF) and that included after school play practices on the M & F of that week. I did go right home and go to bed most days. I ended up with strep at the end of my first week back so it was hard to tell how I would have felt after that week. You do recover a lot quicker from a LSH. I have gone from strep, bladder infection and now a cold so I haven't been completely back to my old self yet.
Unread 03-31-2009, 08:44 PM

My LSH was Feb 5. I went back to work on Mar 2 for a week of 1/2 days, and then back to full time on 3/9.
Unread 03-31-2009, 10:18 PM

Hi Devoted2family,

I also had a LSH and I went back to work at 2 weeks post-op, with my Dr's okay. I took frequent breaks..and I can suggest just watch lifting too much.

Best wishes with your recovery~

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register