Weight Question, plus another | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Question, plus another Weight Question, plus another

Unread 04-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Weight Question, plus another

I had a lavh on 02/27/2009, I am have always been a small person, but when I was on bc pills I did gain a size, which I needed, but now after surgey and no pills I have dropped a whole size! I know look really frail, I went from a 4 and I am 5'7 and now a 2, will I gain that weight back I can't afford to loose more weight, or is it just that I am no longer on the bc pills I have went back to my original weight.
also I did have sex for the first time last night 4 weeks post op and no bleeding and little pain so would I be good to go back to a normal sex life or still take it slow, this no sex has made my husband not very nice.....go figure. tell me what you think please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Re: Weight Question, plus another

I am 4 weeks post op and I could not imagine sex right now! I am still crampy and spotting and feel tender up there! I am thinking how am I gonna be ready at 6 weeks...which my DH is hoping for! Wish I was like you with the weight issue! would have loved to drop a size. Did your Dr. clear you for sex? Mine said no no no for 6 weeks and then he may clear me after examine. You should be very careful you can cause permanent damage.
Unread 04-01-2009, 06:14 PM

Has your released you for sex? If so and you are enjoying it, I say go for it!

As for losing weight, could you try drinking some of those protein shakes or ensure shakes? Those should pack on the pounds quickly. You dont want to get too skinny, not only will you look sick, your body's defenses will be broken down. Or are you comfortable with your body the way it is? I know my dh starts hounding me when I lose weight. I am 5'7 and a size 4. He is almost CONSTANTLY nagging me to put on weight. But, this is where I am comfy. I feel GOOD. So if you feel good and are healthy, and of course if your agrees (mine does) then I wouldnt sweat it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2009, 05:26 AM

my doctor appt is sched on 04/08/09, for my exam, his nurse said I could try sex in 4 weeks, but I am nervous now, I will I know if I have internal bleeding or something, would I have vaginal bleeding. I am scared now and I have some cramping,I just tried what she said I could, but it wasn't the doctor nor have I had my internal exam...should I worry??? please help
Unread 04-02-2009, 05:47 AM

Weight loss.. wish that was my problem - weight gain (or swelly belly) is killing me.. I'm cruising in 25 days and I am fighting with my formal wear and looking at changing up some of my outfits.

As for sex.. my dr said 6 weeks but during one of me and DH alternate sexual experiences - I couldn't take it anymore and tried it (about week 4). The act was great but the next day I was sore. So we eased back into our normal habits - having sex once a week in the spooning position and/or with me on top until I was fully relased from the doctor.

Now that I am fully released from the dr we are back to our normal activites - DH is still very gentle and accomdating.

Just listen to your body, it will tell you if there is something wrong.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register