Yellow discharge 6 weeks post op!? Permanent?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yellow discharge 6 weeks post op!?  Permanent?? Yellow discharge 6 weeks post op!? Permanent??

Unread 04-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Yellow discharge 6 weeks post op!? Permanent??

I have tried to read the posts on this topic but have yet found one that answers my question.

I am 6 weeks post op after TVH and have been to my gyn. I asked about this annoying yellow discharge I am having, it is enough that I have to wear a pad just in case. She told me that it could be just the way I am going to be from now on! I may have this discharge forever!

Can this be true? I never had it before surgery and cannot believe that I will have to put up with this till I die! Is it true? Anyone else have a permanent yellow discharge? Please, I need to know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Re: Yellow discharge 6 weeks post op!? Permanent??

All right, I have no experience with this as I'm 7 weeks out, I've had yellow discharge twice in my life - the first time after my cone biopsy, and it stopped after about the fifth week. And now, after my hyst (everything but my ovaries), I've had it for at least four or five weeks and it has JUST began tapering off the last few days. My doctor and his nurse both told me to expect this after the surgeries, and that it would go away after I was healed. I'm really shocked to hear what your doc had to say, and I'm also interested to know if there's anyone out there who has had this go on really long-term, and what would be the cause of it? I do hope it's just from your healing and will resolve itself very soon.
Unread 04-02-2009, 04:58 PM

Thank you. You have given me a boost that it may go away. You are 1 week ahead of me, so I am hoping to follow in your footsteps.
I too was shocked at hearing it could last forever. Thanks for being there for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2009, 06:13 PM

Well, a yellowish discharge is something I and several female family members have dealt with starting at the onset of puberty. And, yippie me (NOT), I can have it now, post hysterectomy! For me, it is a hormone thing!

Hopefully in your case as you continue to heal this will all go away and you won't have any discharge at all! Some of us do take longer to heal than others! Your vaginal cuff may still need some extra time!

If you continue to have questions and concerns, ask your doctor specifically why she thinks you will continue to have the discharge and what you might be able to do about it!

Take care!
Unread 04-02-2009, 06:55 PM

I did ask my Dr. and she said, "It could just be the way you are or are going to be from now on. It is just the way it is sometimes." smile.

She did say I was healed nicely and gave me the all okay. Gosh, I hope it goes away.
Unread 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM

I bet it goes away, you know how when a wound heals it sort of weeps a little well mix that in with all your other vaginal discharges it will probably do that, I've had some yellowish along with my pinkish that is slowly going away too at 7 weeks and I am truly hoping it all goes away too .
Unread 04-02-2009, 08:03 PM

I'm at 7 weeks and it's getting better and better each day. It's almost gone now. I had one stitch left at six weeks and I suspect that once that's gone, things will finish healing up. Give it time. We all heal differently.
Unread 04-02-2009, 08:10 PM

Thank you for your input and support. I was and still am, quite surprised at what she said. I do hope you are all correct.
I thank you and hope you all heal well. You are all wonderful!
Unread 04-02-2009, 08:20 PM

What I meant was ask her if she thinks it will be permanent because of hormones, vaginal secretions, or exactly what is the reason it will be permanent. This could give you an idea of what you are looking at if it doesn't go away on its own soon.

Unread 04-04-2009, 07:26 AM

Blink:
I feel for you becasue I'm 3 1/2 mths post op and I still have the discharge. I was tested for infections and all came back negative. My doctor said the samething as your doctor. I hate the discharge and I'm trying to search for explainations on the internet but I'm not finding any answers.

Weiser:
you metioned hormones; do you know which hormone(s) could cause the discharge?

I hate the thought of pantyliners for life?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register