Sever belly button pain.....post lap... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sever belly button pain.....post lap... Sever belly button pain.....post lap...

Unread 08-28-2001, 05:39 PM
Sever belly button pain.....post lap...

Hi Ladies,
As most of you know I am 6 days poat from a laproscopy/mini laporotomy to remove adhesions. I have the usual lap holes, one on the left side/right side and a pretty good size on in my belly button. Plus my 3-4 inch bikini incision.
The problem is that for the last 2 days I have been having severe pain in my belly button and off to the right side of it and above, it feels like very sharp stabs and then it just throbs all day, also very tender to the touch. I didn't have this before yesterday. I went to my general doctor today and had the staples taken out and she said "thinks" it sounds llike normal healing to her.
I was just wondering if anyone else who had a lap had this kind of belly button pain? I figured the pain would be getting better by now, not worse.
Thanks in advance for your help...
Take Care,
Carmel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2001, 08:11 PM

Hi Carmel,

I had a lap done in June, and I also experienced severe belly button pain. It still hurts now, it pulls when I move around. My gyne told me that it was probably infected - my belly button was red, and put me on antibiotics. I have had 2 laps done in the past and I felt fine afterwards.

Ask your doctor about possible infection.

I hope you feel better soon.

Barbara
Unread 08-29-2001, 05:55 AM
Belly Button Pain

Hello Carmel, I just wanted to reply to your Post. I also had a Lap done last Thursday the 23rd to remove adhesions. I also had one May 17th to remove my right ovary, tube, and adhesions. Both times I have had a lot of Pain in my Belly Button too!! As a matter of fact, I had to call my Doctor yesterday and get a refill for my Pain Meds because I am still in Pain!! And my stomach is all Black and Blue, looks like I got kicked by a Large Horse!! My Doctor said I am having normal Post Op Pain!!! She said the Incision in my Belly Button is larger than the other 2 incisions. She told me to continue to take my Pain meds, and not to sit in a chair for too long because sitting puts more pressure on your abdomen, and will cause you to have more Pain!! She also said that when I am laying down to put a Heating Pad on my Stomach, and that will help with some of the Pain, and it does help!! It just takes time to recover from any surgery, so hang in there! If your Pain is too bad, can you call your Doctor and ask for some Pain Meds? Hang in there, it will get better. Just be sure and Rest a lot, and take care of yourself!! I am because this is my Third Surgery since February, and I sure dont want to have to do this all over again!!! Take care of yourself!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2001, 06:33 AM
Also having pain

Hi,
I agree with the other sisters. It may be just the healing process and somtimes you can have a reaction to the stitches which can cause redness and swelling ect. I'd call the doc to make sure there was no infection. I had a lap in '99 and my belly button was awful, swollen and painful. The doc said I had a reaction to the stitch and I put neosporin on it. My hyst in 2000 was also a lap and that time the belly button was ok but the two small incision on each side gave me trouble. Now here I am again with a lap for adhesions and posterior repair Aug. 13. The incision at the bikini area looks fine but I have a lot of pain and twinges there. The posterior stitches are the worst though. If you want your doc to take a look at it you have every right to do so. Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 08-29-2001, 08:20 AM

Sisters,

I've had 5 laps done now...and this last one (in July) gave me a lot of belly-button pain. I think I had a mild infection, and with my docs permission I put a little poly/neosporin on it. She also advised me to keep it as dry as possible.

The strange thing is now I have intermittent pain there...never used to before So, I don't really know what to think.

For you, it could be healing pain...also the fact that your incision there is bigger...it wouldn't hurt though to give your doc a call (maybe try the gyn?)

I'm going back to my gyn at the end of September and plan on asking why I have this new pain. If I learn anything I'll be sure to post...hopefully by then your pain will be gone.

I hope you are feeling right as rain very soon
Unread 08-29-2001, 03:10 PM

Thanks so much for your replies Ladies,
I guess it's just normal healing pain and will eventually end, my 2 side incisions don't really bother me much at all and the new one at the bikini line isn't too bad either, luckily I was still kind numb there from the original surgery.
I am feeling better everyday, as long as I don't overdo it any, my dh is keeping a close eye on me, making sure I rest often and don't do anything that could hurt me.

Best wishes to you all...
Carmel
Unread 08-29-2001, 03:41 PM

Hey Carmel.....there must be something about having a lap after a hyst that's different because my belly button was very red and very sore after my last lap and even today if I touch that area it hurts and also causes pain in my tummy???

I would keep an eye on it anyways, and if you have any sort of discharge coming out of the incision or it gets red or swelly I would call the dr back.

Please take it easy and don't do too much ok? Pamper that princess

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register