Abdominal Hysterectomy, Bladder repair, and Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Removal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal Hysterectomy, Bladder repair, and Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Removal Abdominal Hysterectomy, Bladder repair, and Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Removal

Unread 04-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Abdominal Hysterectomy, Bladder repair, and Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Removal

I will be having TAH/BSO, bladder repair, and laparoscopic gallbladder removal all at the same time. Gallbladder trouble came up while in process of scheduling hysterectomy so, I figured why not have it all done at same time! Has anyone else done all of this at same time-am I crazy to do this? My reason for doing this is that I don't like to go under anesthesia!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Re: Abdominal Hysterectomy, Bladder repair, and Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Removal

I've never done it all at once, but I guess as long as the doctor is okay with it, it must be medically acceptable. The pain from a lap gallbladder surgery is more of an internal ache/pain (not severe) for about a week to 10 days, I presume from all the digging around in there. I felt it up in my upper right side. The port incisions were nothing, no pain from those. The first day can be rocky with the bloating and shoulder pain from the CO2 gas, but what with the hysterectomy pain too, it will probably all just be "pain" for a day that you'll be adequately medicated for and then it will improve after that. I'm the same way, get things OVER with. I just 5 min ago listened to the message on my answering machine that my surgery date (A/P repair, vag hysterectomy ) is set for for June 26th, 8:45 a.m. I think the color drained from my face as I listened to it - it's so "real" now, and I've got a long time to whip myself up into a frenzy! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register