Surgery rescheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery rescheduled Surgery rescheduled

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Surgery rescheduled

Hi everyone!
My surgery was scheduled for yesterday, but cancelled due to a pre existing heart condition. I am re scheduled for Tuesday the 14th of April. My DH said this was a good trial run for me. I have to agree, but the anxiety continues.
I need to get to my hystersister personal profile and re enter my next date, lol, hystersisters are going to think I'm having multiple hysterectomies!
One is surely enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Re: Surgery rescheduled

Indeed! Best wishes to you!
Unread 04-10-2009, 10:21 PM

I am sorry to hear about the delay!

Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2009, 06:06 AM

Thanks guys for the support. I've really managed to get through a rough patch in my life with support forums like this one. In December I was facing suspected breast ca, luckily, breast biopsy proved negative. Forums like hystersisters for breast cancer made all the difference while navigating biopsy and path results. It was also in December that I had the Mother of all periods. I'm 52 and had not had a period in 8 months. Ultrasound, hystogram showed a polyp, thickened endo and suspicious right ovary. D and C in January resulted in a path report of complex hyperplasia with mild atypia. My OB/GYN said I was not a candidate for da Vinci, due to previous c section. I forged on for two other second opinions which determined I am a candidate for da Vinci. Second ultrasound of my right ovary was within normal limits, and surgery for da Vinci was scheduled for the 9th. When I checked in the morning of the surgery my heart rate on the monitor was 209. I'm a very thin, low blood pressure type of person, just have a very high heart rate. So, my surgery was cancelled in favor of a CT and echo of my heart. Everything came back normal, and I am rescheduled for this Tuesday. No one van determine why my heart goes so fast. Unfortunately, the cardiologist and the anesthesiologist are off on Tuesday, so will need to explain this to a new staff. I am fearful of having another heavy period before Tuesday,I'm fearful of the surgery, and fearful of the frozen section results. I just want this behind me. Thank God for you guys.
Unread 04-11-2009, 06:39 AM

I'm sending lots and lots of good wishes that everythiong will go smoothly for you. I'm sure the whole thing has been very stressful.

Try to kick back and relax this weekend - maybe practice some princess pampering. You deserve it

Unread 04-11-2009, 06:58 AM

Do not worry about bleeding heavily going into surgery. It will not effect your ability to have the surgery done. Just a few more days and it will be behind you. I will keep my fingers crossed that the results are all good. All the best to you!
Unread 04-11-2009, 07:35 AM

Thank you all so much....(Squat was the name of the dog we had for 18 years,
she came to mind when I was registering
I am trying so hard to be positive.
Unread 04-11-2009, 07:57 AM

After surgery, you are going to feel Brand New! No Fear Baby! No Fear!
Unread 04-11-2009, 08:14 AM

oh gosh thank you so much. One of my fears is having my head so low in surgery. I was as a kid the one who could never do hand stands for long because i hated the feeling in my head. Does anyone know during daVinci surgery, in the trendelenburg position are they able to at least raise your head?
Unread 04-11-2009, 10:55 AM

I believe (with very limited knowledge I have) that any laparacopic requires your head to be lowered, but....having said that, just let your docs. know, like you already know. And I am sure they have dealt with that before. So they know what to do.

You ARE being very positive. Good for you. Prayers are coming for your health and peace.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register