Scan results.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scan results.... Scan results....

Unread 04-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Scan results....

I had my ct/pet scan last friday and I still haven't heard anything about my results!!! Man, am I ever worried.........

I come home from work everyday and listen to my answering machine and STILL NO call/message from my DR........ Is this normal???? I would think I would have heard something by now!

Should I call them????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Re: Scan results....

I hate waiting for test results. I would call tomorrow and ask since it will be a week.

Here's hoping you get good news.

Jean
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:36 PM

The very same thing happened to me! Good luck to you.
Sasha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2009, 01:29 AM

I would also call. Some of my doctors have been really good about calling every time. But I have one that only called if it was bad news. I finally figured out that they usually get the results in 3 working days or sooner. So after a week, I now call.

My insurance has a way that doctors can email me as well. You might ask if they would something like that for you.

Hope you hear great news

Lyn
Unread 04-17-2009, 09:07 AM

It is so hard to wait for test results. As another said, since it's been a week so would be fine to call the doctor's office. I am wishing you good results.
s
peggiesue
Unread 04-17-2009, 09:21 AM

I hate the waiting game. My doctors have always scheduled me a follow up visit to find out the results. My last PET/CT scan I had to go in the office for the results, they scheduled that appt. the same day they scheduled the PET/CT scan. I had to wait just over a week for the follow up with the results.
Unread 04-17-2009, 07:55 PM

My dr office said he would see me to discuss the scan fresults, however I was NOT informed to reschedule outside of my normal every 6 months.... I am confused........

They didn't hesitate to me when call when I had a "faulty" pap......

I would think they would call if my scans were abnormal or showed mets.........?????
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:43 AM

Jabber:
Did you call the If not, I would definitely call on Monday... You will drive yourself crazy with worry and it is not necessary... That is what they are there for... to answer our questions... Remember, they are providing you with service... YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER... I would also believe they would call if they suspected a problem, but for your piece of mind, CALL. Sending you for som Try to enjoy your weekend.
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:54 AM

Hi, I agree they very likely would call if there were negative results since no doubt then treatment would be required; however, they should advise you if the test went well too for simply peace of mind. Pls call and say you want to learn the test results once they are available to your doctor. Keep us posted.
s
Unread 04-18-2009, 05:52 AM

Going to call on Monday...I will let everyone know when I find out the results. I as well think they would have called by now if there was something suspicious on my scans but will call anyway to schedule an appt. to discuss them. They didn't call with my negative pap results this last time either.....HELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO...I want you to call me with GOOD news too!! I guess with his office......No news is GOOD news???? That's the way it appears anyway...........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register