still another adenomyosis question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still another adenomyosis question still another adenomyosis question

Unread 04-27-2009, 02:33 PM
still another adenomyosis question

After reading thru some of the other adenomyosis postings, I remembered that I was sent to see my GYN after having an ultrasound for a tender abdomen/"poofy" feeling. It came back saying I had a thickened endometrial stripe. My GYN did an endometrial biopsy which came back fine. Is this thickened stripe thing a symptom or pre-cursor to adenomyosis? I didn't follow up a whole lot after that because I ended up getting pregnant with my son about 3 months after that whole episode. Then proceded to have a TL and EA this past February. When I went to see my GYN last week for the constant period like cramps and the extra-long period and spotting, he suspects I have an infection and gave me a month's worth of doxycycline and a followup appointment in a month. He mentioned the possibility of adenmyosis if the antibiotics didn't solve the problems. (I had a whole 8 days between ending the spotting from my last heavy and painful period to the start of this period I am having right now-just like last month, heavy bleeding and painful). Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Re: still another adenomyosis question

Are you doing better since you have taken the antibiotics?

Adenomyosis occurs when the endometrium grows into the muscular wall of the uterus. The uterus can be enlarged and boggy. We do have several Adenomyosis Resources you could read through for more information.

Off the top of my head I don't recall a thickened endometrial stripe as a symptom of adeno but I honestly don't know for sure. Have you asked your doctor about this?

I did have a lot of heavy bleeding myself and really bled almost every day for two years before my hysterectomy. So I know it is not fun! In my case it was endometriosis though, not adenomyosis.

I wish you all the best!
Unread 05-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Re: still another adenomyosis question

My dr says that I have suspected adeno BECAUSE of the thinking of the lining of my uterus. He said that was a symptom of the adeno. I had 4 vaginal ultrasounds and they all came back with the thickening the same. Hope this helps.
Katrina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register