Can anyone relate? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can anyone relate? Can anyone relate?

Unread 05-01-2009, 04:37 AM
Can anyone relate?

Hi all

I had a total hysterectomy in 2006 and have been fine since then. Having my check ups etc. Now i have been having pain in the liver area and the doctor has ordered a scan and blood work. I am terrified that it will be the big "C" again.......?

Has anyone had anything similar or heard of it spreading to the liver?

Rosemary xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Re: Can anyone relate?

Hi Rosemary,

I have not had the previous cancer scare that you have so I sure am in no place to give you advice about how to deal with it. I can tell you that I will be thinking of you and hoping that all your tests are done in a speedy fashion so that you can put your mind at rest!

Try to enjoy fresh air and a little walk in the sunlight and let your friends know what they find out. We are pulling for you.
Unread 05-01-2009, 08:20 AM

When does the pain start? Is it constant? Get worse during the day?

I saw you had 25 external treatments. Remember that radiation can sometimes cause adhesion's. I was told those normally develop 2-3 years post-rads....something else to consider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2009, 02:09 AM

Hi Susie & Vega

Thanks for your replies, it may well be adhesions Vega. The pain is on exertion when i bend stretch or sit up. When the doctor pressed my liver i felt very sick and bile etc came into my mouth. I have got over my panic from yesterday and now will try to wait for the scan without worrying so much (easier said than done). As Margaret321 (Ellen) would have said "why waste a good panic"?

I am very sorry to hear about your ovaries Vega, even though they tried to protect them. That's another blow for you. I hope you are coping with it , if those or any words are the right ones?

Thanks again for your replies i was in tears yesterday in a terrible state and it certainly does calm you to hear a few words from you because you have been through it too and understand the "panic" that we get into with this dreadful disease!!

Rosemary
Unread 05-02-2009, 08:00 AM

Hi (((Rosemary,)))
I am sorry your are having this new pain and may the doctor find the reason quickly and there be a simple fix. I know the testing/waiting is the pits.
For what it's worth, I've looked up common sites for endo-cancer to spread and the liver was not among them. Did this about a year plus ago after getting stomach pains,other symptoms and also checked with my gyn/onc (I normally see my gyn for follow-up) He did scans, other tests and TG turned out to be unrelated to cancer. Cancerhead apparently never really leaves us completely alone .
Pls keep us posted and I'm sending postive thoughts I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.

peggiesue
Unread 05-04-2009, 02:55 AM

Hi Peggiesue

Thank you for your reply it has eased my mind quite a bit, it could be anything unrelated to cancer! It NEVER leaves you this horrible cancer head does it.

I am very pleased to hear that your diagnosis turned out to be totally unrelated and i will keep you updated when i get the results.

Many thanks

Rosemary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register