enlarged uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

enlarged uterus enlarged uterus

Unread 05-03-2009, 05:53 PM
enlarged uterus

Ladies

Has anyone stomach appeared to be the preganant look because the fibroids enlarged your uterus? If so, did you stomach go down after your hysterectomy? Also, did you lose any weight? My doct said I looked 5-6 months preganant!! My uterus is twice it's size!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Re: enlarged uterus

I did notice a big difference in my stomach after my surgery... I was able to wear zip up pants the next week...My uterus was double size also. I also feel like the whole area down there got smaller and that is a good thing... I think with my enlarged uterus it was pushing everything out and down.... I lost about 10lbs... I feel great.. good luck and take one day a time. rest and do not over do it...I still use a kitchen chair by the bed to get up and down...
Unread 05-03-2009, 06:11 PM

Oh Yes!!! I had a Buddha belly. My problem was that I had an enlarged uterus and massive fibroids...that it actually looked like a pumpkin when it came out. It even had a stalk. Gross...I know. It weighed like 4 pounds. I lost a total of 10 pounds after surgery.
I had a vertical cut down my abdomen, so I could not wear anything with zippers for a long long time. Man that hurt. I wore sweats. I didnt mind cause I didnt go to work. Its been almost a year now, Wed. will be a year and I admit Im lazy to fully do sit ups to tighten the little bit of loose skin there. However, I dont look pregnant anymore in clothes. I just look lazy when naked...even though I only weigh 108...LoL !!!

I had swelling for awhile..but you could tell it was flatter immediately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2009, 06:18 PM

I am about 3 1/2 weeks post op. I had an enlarged uterus with fibroids...one was baseball size. I have been surprised at how my stomach now looks flater than when I went in to have surgery and I can tell I still have some swelling but even so, it's flater. Go figure! I'm very happy about it.
Unread 05-03-2009, 06:28 PM

My uterus was 3 x the size it should be and my swelly belly is nothing compared to the swelling I got with my fibroids .I have noticed in the early morning when swelly belly has not set in my belly is flat and I have not seen that in years ...
Unread 05-03-2009, 10:16 PM

I am almost 11 months post op. I had over a dozen fibroids removed, along with both ovaries (7 cysts between them). I looked about 3 months pregnant before surgery, and now......27 pounds down and I can now wear bikini underwear for the first time in a long time. My belly has never been flatter. IT"S GREAT!!!!!!
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:51 AM

I also had very large fibroids and I could tell immediately I had a flat tuimmy. I lost 7 pounds from my surgery. I am able to fit in jeans that are a size smaller until the afternoon when I start swelling.

Good luck to you!
Unread 05-04-2009, 12:35 PM

My uterus was three times its normal size and I had cysts on
my ovaries so everything else was getting squeezed and shifted.
I was in a lot of pain. I had a TAH/BSO and life is so much better.

I was not overweight before surgery but I could see a difference
in my lower abs. My clothes felt real tight. After surgery I have
lost about 8 pounds. My appetite isn't back to normal. I had
surgery 3 weeks ago.

Good Luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register