Embarrassing Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Embarrassing Question Embarrassing Question

Unread 05-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Embarrassing Question

So I had my period before I went in for my surgery which will be a week ago tomorrow. The thing is according to my hormones this is the week when I really cant seem to get enough of my partner sexually and i'm now in overdrive apparently. The hormones think I need sex and my doc says no way. I have been cranky, weepy, and snuggly in turn today. I said something to my partner about it and he teased me (not in a bad way normally) which only made it worse so then i started to cry again. How do I handle this? I actually physically hurt because everything is all excited and no where to go with it. Ive done everything I can to distract myself to no avail. Even to the point of not taking my pain meds even when I was hurting pretty badly from re-arranging the kitchen cabinets (I sat on the floor but all that reaching and moving must of been a bit much.) I did take a pain pill and I'm okay pain wise now but still very much uuuuummm... hot and bothered. What do i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Re: Embarrassing Question

I think every sister here has went through this...DON'T DO IT!!!!! I know what you are going through...like a super sonic need for sex!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! Take a cold shower or do whatever you have to do. This will pass...slowly..very slowly...but it will pass. Just don't do it...you could hurt yourself very seriously and you have came to far for that to happen!! Take care!!!
Unread 05-03-2009, 11:06 PM

I know this was a question about sex drive, but I'm fixating on the fact that you were sitting on the floor rearranging your cupboard one week after sugery. LOL. I can't imagine that getting up and down off of the floor can be good for your insides at this stage in the game.

But back to your question.... I really feel for you. IT MUST BE DRIVING YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND! But you really do need to resist the urge, because it can do serious damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:15 AM

kahlana, first of all, know that you are not alone! The overdrive of hormones post-op seems to affect many women. There are many posts here on the boards from women who were feeling much like you are now. Some even report having the big "O" in their sleep, as their dreams are affected too. However, after such a major surgery, it is so very important to make sure that nothing is introduced into the vagina. If you find that you are terribly uncomfortable, perhaps a phone call to your doctor is in order. Some girls have reported that their doctors allowed "outercourse" during this time. However, only you and your doctor know your situation, so it is best to rely on your doctor for something like this.

I agree with the comments from Miss_Mu about the cupboards rearranging as well. For the first few weeks, it really is not the best idea to be bending so much. There is a great checklist at this website to guide you on what activities are best for the different weeks of recovery. Not every doctor tells us that we have particular restrictions, but using a guideline that is tested and true will help you to recover well, and become the new, healthier you that we are all trying to achieve.

Best of luck in your recovery. Remember to rest, drink plenty of fluids, and "pamper the princess"!! Sending best wishes!
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:08 AM

Thank you so much for all your advice. It is so much help to know i'm not the only one. And yeah "supersonic overdrive" is what last night felt like. I know better than to actually have sex until the doc says its okay to but I didnt know what to do with that edgy need to "get some." I dont mean to be crude or anything here but I dont know how else to describe it. It's very ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr... sighs. Up until I had the surgery if my hormones were raging I just tackled my partner. Since I cant do that right now I just had no idea what to do with the energy.
And yeah i had a Big O my second day home thanks to a really erotic dream. It hurt like the dickens when I woke up. Probably from being catheterized so long. I guess i will have to keep telling myself "this too shall pass" lol. If it gets bad again I'll probably end up organizing my daughters dresser drawers alphabetically and by color and using the pent up energy to pray for her or something.

As far as re-arranging the cupboards. Mostly I scooted things into their proper spots and made things easier to find. No heavy lifting or getting up and down or anything like that. We have open front cabinets that are the same width of the kitchen as my open-armed reach, so it was mostly just "pick up the tomato soup can from the baking section and put it back in the canned stuff section, slide the cake mixes down and put the bakers chocolate next to them and move the jello and pudding boxes to the next shelf down" sort of stuff. Also i didnt stretch beyond my natural reach. I didnt figure a few cake mix boxes, cans of soups and veggies, and staples would hurt and might keep me from going batty. (Oh the gigantic jar of peanut butter stayed where it is as did the 10 lb bag of sugar.) I didnt tackle the pots n pans cupboard. That would involve heavy lifting.
Anyway, mostly I was just tired from sitting there doing it. I still get worn out fairly easily as if all the anesthesia isnt out of my system yet. So all in all I was down on the floor for maybe 20 minutes then I went and laid down and watched a movie for an hour and a half, got up and walked the length of the apartment while i talked on the phone with my mom (about 30 minutes) then went and laid down again for about 2 hours. I promise i AM taking it very easy on me. Normally if i had 2 or 3 weeks off work in a row like this i would have all the boxes in the basement organized, the laundry would be completely done and the closets re-organized, I would have the Goodwill donations cleaned up and neatly stacked and ready to go, etc. (and yep those things are really on my to do list for this summer) but I know i cant do all that with out consequences so I am doing what I can without straining myself too much.
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:11 AM

Kahlana,
I too am about a week after surgery and am having the same issues. My hormones have been out of whack for a while so I haven't been able to get enough of my hubby for a while. Prior to surgery this one issue bothered me tremendously. Now, after surgery it is worse. I talked to my hubby and he, of course, made a joke but also helped with the situation by just holding me. Of course I still want more, but the pain and the fear of hurting myself worse stops me.
But the best remedy I found for this is just being held and touched. Will your partner massage your back, or rub lotion on your legs and arms and back (avoiding all trigger areas lol)? Or maybe just hold you tight and cuddle you until the urge goes away or calms down?

Now I've got to add to the cabinet rearranging thing too...really? you organized your cabinets? can you come over???? I would agree it can't be good for the ab muscles right now but I'd really like some of that organizational spirit to rub off on me.
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:18 AM

Oh my god! The second day home from surgery I was laying next to my husband, just staring at his back, listening to the rain outside, and thinking "**** IT! He just looks so good!" Now at his point it hurt just to turn over, so I am scared of the kind of freak I'll be when I'm feeling better.
Unread 05-04-2009, 10:00 AM

Hi Kahlana.

Just to clarify, my concern about the cupboard arranging was actually that the act of getting up and down off of the floor would stress your abdominal area. Maybe you have figured out a way to do it that doesn't, but that's what I was thinking might not be good for you.

Good luck with it all. I'm feeling for you.
Unread 05-04-2009, 04:29 PM

Hi Kalana;

OMG! I know exactly what u mean! I had TVH 8days ago and have been feeling soooo "frisky" in fact i took matters into my own hands so to speak!! (of course i didn't put anything inside me) For me I was very curious as to whether i would have the big "O" well i did and it was OK. bit tender afterwards but!

It's so good to know that I'm not a freak! and this site is soo great to help with our insecurities and questions, I would not have asked the question but i'm so glad u did! :0)
Unread 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM

I shouldn't even have started reading this thread! I'm in the middle of another pity party and stumbled onto this, when I was really looking for feeling better! I felt the same way as you guys did post-op, but as soon as I end my work in the school year, I'll be filing for divorce. Talk about having feelings, messed up hormones and a "DH" who is really not nice at a time when you really could use it. Hang onto the fact that you all have something to look forward to!! I'm jealous!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register