urine leaking through vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

urine leaking through vagina urine leaking through vagina

Unread 05-08-2009, 08:33 PM
urine leaking through vagina

I recently read a thread about someone who was experiencing leakage of urine through the vagina. I realize the post is 185 days old, but this has just recently happened to me following my hysterectomy, and wanted to know what you did for this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Re: urine leaking through vagina

Hey Abbie,
Welcome the site! You will find a lot of support here! Please read the thread "punctured bladder and vaginal fistula" that was started by SimplyScents and let me know if you have any other questions. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 06-02-2009, 03:49 PM

Strangely, my urine leaking through vagina and smell like ammonia before surgery, I read some after surgery. What could possibly be wrong? I think my fibroids are pressing down on my bladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie524 View Post
I recently read a thread about someone who was experiencing leakage of urine through the vagina. I realize the post is 185 days old, but this has just recently happened to me following my hysterectomy, and wanted to know what you did for this problem?
I would have myself looked at immediately. I don't know if your bladder could be nicked or what but it shouldn't be happening. Good luck and we'll keep you in our prayers. Keep us posted on what you find out.
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:23 PM

Since my last post, I have seen my surgeon about the leakage problem. She seemed to think it was a vaginal discharge and prescribed a gel to insert for 10 days. Reluctantly I did the regiment daily, and within five days the leakage was gone. I was absolutely sure it was urine, and almost went to a different doctor. I am glad I trusted her, my hysterectomy has healed wonderfully, it has been two months now, I feel great, and no more leakage!
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM

I do have another question though. Why does a surgeon leave the overies, and is it best to have a complete hysterectomy? Are there any advantages to leaving the overies?
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:30 PM

My dr said the advantage to keeping my healthy ovary was that I wouldn't have to take hormones.
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Are more women opting for that? That is what my doctor did also. I think I had my cervix and uterus removed. Do you feel better since your hysterectomy, and do you feel having the ovary is a good choice.

I am happy with my surgery, had no major problems, and with an occasional hot flash , feel pretty good.
Unread 06-03-2009, 04:08 PM

I've been happy with my surgery. I had no complications healing and the ovary that I do have doesn't seem to cause me any problems. I had anemia prior to the surgery and now I plan to see my family dr to see if I can be checked again to see what my iron level is. I actually haven't been taking the iron that I'm supposed to and I feel a lot more energenic than I have in a long time.
Unread 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM

That is fantastic! I feel pretty good too, I don't miss my periods, they were very heavy and my last one before my Hysterectomy lasted about three months. I was very weak, but feel so much better.
Thank you for the information, its been great communicating with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register