Anyone try ShapeUp Shoes? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Work it Out - Fitness in Action

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone try ShapeUp Shoes? Anyone try ShapeUp Shoes?

Unread 05-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Anyone try ShapeUp Shoes?

Hi! I'm at 9 months post-op, TAH. Need to lose about 40 lbs (10 gained in last few months - eek). Has anyone tried these Skechers ShapeUp Shoes? Or any of the sandals or MBTs that promise to make you lose more weight and firm up just by walking your dog? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Re: Anyone try ShapeUp Shoes?

you can get a good pair of nikes for over half the price of those sketchers. losing weight is about calories in vs. calories out..no shoes can make you lose weight. i personally wouldnt buy them. i'd buy a pair of nikes and walk/run everyday and count calories if i wanted to lose weight. good luck
Unread 05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Cool - Anyone try ShapeUp Shoes? Re: Anyone try ShapeUp Shoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedupinblue View Post
you can get a good pair of nikes for over half the price of those sketchers. losing weight is about calories in vs. calories out..no shoes can make you lose weight. i personally wouldnt buy them. i'd buy a pair of nikes and walk/run everyday and count calories if i wanted to lose weight. good luck
I agree with you- shoes CAN'T make you loose weight, if they could I would be the first one to buy a pair-lolol. Also lots of water, fruits and vegis, lay off the carbs- no need to stop carbs just minimize and fried food a huge no- no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2009, 07:08 PM

Thanks - I re-read my post and realized I wasn't clear that I was already dieting and exercising. I was just curious to see if they helped give an edge "in addition to" the normal diet/exercise I'm doing. Just curious. I've heard pros and cons for both, and some say they really burn about 15% more and tone their calves when doing daily things like running errands, walking the dog, working around the house, etc... I've got my running shoes and I'm plugging along (although slow!), and cutting back on food quite a bit. So...patience...patience, eh? Thanks again.
Unread 07-22-2009, 08:01 PM

Hello! I actually tried a pair of my friends MBTS and they are quite a challenge to walk on! They really work your core, and I think they would help with toning! I am a personal trainer and in great shape, I think I am going to try them out (the Shapeups). I am starting to turn to mush! I am 3 weeks out from TAH. If you already got a pair, let me know how you like them!!!
Unread 08-06-2009, 09:16 PM

Hi! I have a pair of ShapeUps and think they are pretty good. Mind you, I don't walk in them THAT often, but when I do I can definitely feel the workout in my calves and thighs. I think that it would be a good addition to all the other great things you are already doing. Plus, it helps with posture by engaging your core and balancing yourself on them.
Good luck!
Unread 08-07-2009, 12:26 AM

Hi! I've never tried the Sketchers but I own a pair of Chung Shi's (similar princpal to the MBT). I can assure you that they work your legs and core. When I first got them I was told to gradually build up the time that I wore them. It is important to do this! Time got away from me the first night I wore them and the next day my leg and stomach muscles were soooooo sore. Before I owned these I would go thru about 4 pairs of New Balance a year (I'm a nurse with tendonitis issues) but with the Chung Shi's I have gone about 1 1/2 years before needing a new pair. Best of luck.

Lisa
Unread 10-10-2009, 07:24 AM

Hi! Ok, now you've all peaked my interest on these shoes! I've seen them and have wondered about them. They'd be great for when I take my 4 year old to the Zoo, park or where ever we may go. But, they are so ugly!!! I truly hate wearing athletic shoes other than when I'm working out. And, this is the only reason why I haven't gotten them yet! Laugh at me all you want, but it's true. I'm in sandals or 3" heels or no shoes all the time.

Thanks for the great information. Maybe I'll ask Santa for them this year!
Unread 10-10-2009, 08:40 AM

Dear Sos52770,

Yes, I agree they are ugly, and heavy as well. I don't think I would wear them for more than an hour, and only wear them if you are going for walks. Other than that I don't wear mine. The can feel like led after a while. But I do love them! They really do work your legs, and after being down for six weeks, I welcomed the sore legs!!
Unread 10-10-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleighbag28 View Post
Dear Sos52770,

Yes, I agree they are ugly, and heavy as well. I don't think I would wear them for more than an hour, and only wear them if you are going for walks. Other than that I don't wear mine. The can feel like led after a while. But I do love them! They really do work your legs, and after being down for six weeks, I welcomed the sore legs!!
I never thought of the weight of them! Thanks for letting me know that. Well, that cancels that out. I have connective tissue problems and a tendency to stretch, tear and rupture ligaments in my joint. Already done it twice in my left ankle. And, my ankles are not fond of heavy shoes. Maybe I'll talk to my trusty orthopedic before making this purchase.

Thanks for all the helpful information!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register