Pain after sitting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain after  sitting Pain after sitting

Unread 05-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Pain after sitting

Gals, do any of you have this? I can walk around in my garden for 20 minutes, then lie down and I feel fine.

I sit at the table for a chat with my son and a cup of tea for 20 minutes, lie down and have bad pain in my belly. I think it is trying to tell me something....

OK, i have just had to take my knickers (panties for you Americans!) off.And they are big and loose. The material over my belly is hurting me, have had to pull t shirt up and bedding down ts like the skin is super sore and sensitive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Re: Pain after sitting

Hey
Yes - sitting is what took me the longest. I could only sit for about 20 mins as you stated for several weeks.

I had an abdominal incision - did you? My skin was sensitive to do to the retractors used.
Unread 05-23-2009, 06:24 PM

I had Laproscopic kept ovaries. I returned to office work at 2-wks post op but find the pain is really quite bad after a couple hours at the desk. I've only been working 4-5 hr days and at the end I am in agony. Sitting upright seems to put pressure that is different to any other position (laying, walking, standing etc).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2009, 10:57 PM

Yes I'm afraid sitting hasn't been very easy for me either. Walking is nice, standing is painful. I guess our tummies just want us to lie down a lot. Good luck -- just listen to your body, it knows when you need to rest, and you're still relatively early in your recovery. Wishing you more comfort and healing, Genie
Unread 05-24-2009, 11:51 AM

Hi - I had a problem sitting too. I thought it would never go away. I called the doctor and he told me it was the swelling. I got very creative at finding ways to sit. I can tell you it does go away. I'm 4.5 weeks post op and I only have minor discomfort now. Standing on my feet too long was very painful too. It felt like a heavy weight in my lower abdomin. That has gone away too. My advise is to stay down, rest, and heal properly. My husband insisted on it and made sure I listened and now I'm glad because I'm actually feeling like I might get back to my normal self.

Good luck, wishing you a healthy recovery!
Unread 05-25-2009, 01:41 AM

Sitting really bothered me. If you think about it, the way things are situated inside us, there's a lot of pressure put there when we sit.

Take care,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register