You Might Be Pre-Op IF...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You Might Be Pre-Op IF...... You Might Be Pre-Op IF......

Unread 05-24-2009, 12:44 PM
You Might Be Pre-Op IF......

1.) You find yourself hanging out in the gas-and-laxative section of the pharmacy, intently studying products you've never heard of until now

2.) You recently bought four pairs of the kind of panties you wouldn't have been caught dead in a few months ago

3.) You already have six trays of lasagna in your freezer

4.) A family member has caught you lying in the lithotomy position with your knees up by your ears, just to see how it feels

Can you think of any other hints that show a sister might possibly be in a "pre-op state of mind"?

(I included #4 because it happened to me yesterday. My DH is still chuckling.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Re: You Might Be Pre-Op IF......

5) you started asking around about who wants your tampons and pads
Unread 05-24-2009, 12:59 PM

6) Your family starts to wonder if they should stage an intervention for HysterSisters addiction

(Seriously, my family said this. Then I pointed out that I could either be online with women who understood or I could wander around the house forcing my family members into conversations about body parts some of them would rather not remember that I have.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2009, 01:07 PM

7) You start to fantasize about white panties, white slacks, white sheets...
Unread 05-24-2009, 01:13 PM

7a. you buy new white sheets and have them on your dresser. You stare longingly at them every day!

8. You have bought a new expensive mattress pad and can't wait to use it.

9. You have a huge bag of Jolly Rancher candies stashed in your room.

10. You are actually hoping your in laws will be visiting you post op because you know they will help and you can just lay down in your room and ignore them for once in your life!

11. You have stocked up on so much food you could open a small convenience store

12. You have developed a taste for gatorade (but NOT that god awful prep stuff)
Unread 05-24-2009, 01:19 PM

13) if you are a geek, you have changed out the batteries in your TV and satellite remotes, searched high & low for that charger for your portable DVD player you haven't used in a couple years, you've put in a new battery for the MP3 player you're taking to the hospital and refreshed the stations on your Slacker MP3 you plan to have on your nightstand at home...and you just realized you need to go find (or buy?) another outlet strip and wonder if you need to call an electrician to upgrade your service panel...
Unread 05-24-2009, 01:19 PM

14. You practise farting in front of your children just to test their reaction
Unread 05-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Rofl....

You are all so great! These are so funny, but also true. I'll bet we could get to 50 and still have every single item apply to all of us right now.

But, kukukajoo... HOW did you know about that big bag of candy I'm planning to hide in my nightstand? Now that's just spooky!
Unread 05-24-2009, 01:33 PM

15. You are making a list of things you need to buy at the CVS for the-day-before prep and hospital bag.

16. You are cleaning the house because you want to come home to a spotless environment you'll be looking at for the next 3-8 weeks.

17. You're telling your in-laws not to make the trip over to be there during surgery because you are looking for all your DH's attention to be focused on you and not having your DH have to entertain his parents instead.
Unread 05-24-2009, 02:19 PM

These are all so funny!

18) You are wiped out yet still cleaning the house and making lists of things to buy for post-op

19) Your DH actually encourages you to visit HysterSisters to give him a break

20) You are not bothered too much by the symptoms of Aunt Flo 'here she comes there she goes, this is the last time.!!'

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register