You Might Be Pre-Op IF...... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You Might Be Pre-Op IF...... You Might Be Pre-Op IF......

Unread 05-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Re: You Might Be Pre-Op IF......

BTW Marisela I you hit the nail on the head... Not only are my batteries fresh I checked the voltage on each one, I am not bringing merely a DVD player I am bringing the whole laptop, I tested the chargers that I am 1) bringing and 2) keeping plugged in near the couch and kitchen table and yes I have the power strip to support all the gadgets I will have with me..
I have not called the electrician yet..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2009, 02:51 PM

Attagirl- I've been spying, lol! I have the bag stashed and another in my car!!

21. You have taught family members how to make coffee YOUR way, Iced tea YOUR way and tea YOUR way.

22. You have made sure all the cordless phones are in in all the rooms they belong in so that family will answer when you call from your cell phone in bed upstairs!!

23. You bought a new DVD player for your room and stole the gaming TV and set em up on your dresser.

24. you already have a collection of DVDs to watch in a pile in your room.

25. you have given your SO your facebook password to update your friends on progress even though you SWORE you would never do that! You changed it to a simple password from the old one that was making fun of him! (Tomisageek)

26. You have already begun to make a list of the things you will buy with the money saved not having to buy sanitary products anymore!!

26 a. You even contemplate sending a 'screw you I dont need your overpriced crap that does not protect my clothes' letter to the companies.

27. you no longer fantasize about creating the perfect feminine product.
Unread 05-24-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukukajoo View Post
25. you have given your SO your facebook password to update your friends on progress even though you SWORE you would never do that! You changed it to a simple pass3word from the old one that was making fun of him! (Tomisageek)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukukajoo View Post

25. you have given your SO your facebook password to update your friends on progress even though you SWORE you would never do that! You changed it to a simple password from the old one that was making fun of him! (Tomisageek)
I told my husband that he should just write on my Facebook wall so people who were interested could check on me. The first two things I did after I got home were 1) log into HysterSisters and post a message on the post-op forum and 2) update my Facebook status.
Unread 05-24-2009, 03:38 PM

28. You are planning (or have had) a "MY UTERUS IS GOING AWAY" party with your girlfriends.

29. You are constantly checking the calendar and counting the days.
Unread 05-24-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napyhed View Post
BTW Marisela I you hit the nail on the head... Not only are my batteries fresh I checked the voltage on each one, I am not bringing merely a DVD player I am bringing the whole laptop, I tested the chargers that I am 1) bringing and 2) keeping plugged in near the couch and kitchen table and yes I have the power strip to support all the gadgets I will have with me..
I have not called the electrician yet..
Napyhed--OMG, you are SUCH a geek.

You're a girl after my own heart...I pulled my NiMH batteries fresh off the charger and for the remotes that do better with alkalines, I checked those with my little Radio Shack battery tester! And our county library has a digital download web site so I downloaded a few audiobooks just in case I get bored with the many shows & movies I've queued up on the DVR.
Unread 05-24-2009, 06:40 PM

I found the same thing about my NiMH batteries I have mine packed with alkalines too!

I have been downloading tons of audiobooks from newsgroups and the library and have an old laptop set up next to the couch with speakers so I can listen to them..

I found my twin!
Unread 05-24-2009, 06:42 PM

30. You go to the store to 'test drive' pillows by holding them up to your tummy to see which is most comfy.
Unread 05-24-2009, 08:20 PM

31) You're obsessively timing your haircut, manicure and pedicure so you'll look pretty in the castle... even though the post-op princesses have told us a hundred times that our appearance in the last thing we're going to care about

32) You've recently conducted an experiment to see if the BBQ tongs might work as a "grabber" (sadly, they don't... )
Unread 05-24-2009, 08:25 PM

33) you go to Bed Bath & Beyond (yesterday) to get your body pillow and you see a car with the vanity plate "HYSISTR" and you know this is meant to be. ;-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register