You Might Be Pre-Op IF...... - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You Might Be Pre-Op IF...... You Might Be Pre-Op IF......

Unread 05-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Re: You Might Be Pre-Op IF......

38. You fall in love with Ben&Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2009, 09:31 AM

Great idea about updating Facebook status! What did you say? I'm pretty open about my surgery, even with the guys at work, but I might not want to go into as much detail on FB. Some kind of codewords that the people who know can understand, perhaps??? Inquiring minds want to know...thanks!

"Takin out the work pen, puttin in a Play Pen"

Thats what a nurse told me from my insurance company
Unread 06-01-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCAR88 View Post
"Takin out the work pen, puttin in a Play Pen"
Oh yeah, I heard something similar -- "took out the baby carriage, but left the playpen "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2009, 06:56 PM

LMAO

This is waaay to freaky. I saw myself in about half of these posts. Is there a hidden camera somewhere in my house???
Unread 06-23-2009, 05:53 PM

21. You just stocked up on a month's worth of toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, and plastic utensils.
22. You order the movie channels on your satelite or cable subscription for a month.
23. You stocked up on the reading you have meaning to catch up on.
24. Pulled out that old cross stitch project you have had tucked away "unitl you have more time".
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:27 AM

39. You've accidentally signed "TAH" or "TVH" (or whatever type of surgery you've had/are having) as your initials on a document instead of your own. (I've done this, twice!)

40. You have a bag packed with many of the same items you had in your bag when you were pregnant, and it's waiting by the door, even though your surgery is weeks away.

41. You've gone to every used books store in a 50 mile radius to find some great reads while recovering....bought a stalk higher than your dining room table, and only spent $12.64.

42. You've shopped for and bought new PJs, two sizes bigger than usual, and they are all the same item, just in different colors...and they are, of course, in the above meantioned bag. (New panties also applies here).
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:33 AM

Saving everything on your DVR for post-op!
Unread 08-26-2009, 06:26 PM

21) You practice coughing, making sure not to move your belly.
22) You pack and repack the bag you are taking to the hospital, and everyone wonders if you plan on actually running away from home with all you've stuffed in it.
Unread 09-23-2009, 10:37 PM

43.) Have been having DH (DS, DD, DF) practice helping you to a standing position.

44.) Have given co-workers a job to do---make a list of all their favorite movies (just in case they name one you forgot)

45.) Have been teaching family how to do things YOUR way!
Unread 09-24-2009, 01:28 AM

21) You are celebrating your last ever period in medieval style, hanging your LAST EVER stained sheet out of the window! (well, not quite but you get the idea... )

22) You measure your waist without holding your stomach in, in order to maximise your pending inch loss...

24) Shopping becomes a whole new experience.. outsize black granny panties, super-baggy pyjamas with draw-string waists, support cushions in all shapes and sizes and 'helpful' implements for the elderly (helping hand grabbers/hostess trolleys) are now the focus of all shopping trips.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register