Isn't it funny | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Isn't it funny Isn't it funny

Unread 05-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Isn't it funny

I don't know about you but I have gone my whole life being kind of prudish about BM's. I always jokingly told my friends "I am a lady and ladies don't poop" lol. DH never thought I did (I had him fooled too) Well ever since my Tot. Lap. Hyst. on 5/22 I have noticed my BM schedule and the fact that I wasn't having them. I though there was something wrong with me. I do know the paid meds. constipate you but gheesh. I have tried milk of magnesia, metamusil, fiber oatmeal, prunes, stool softner, water & walking... I was going out of my mind nothing worked!! So today, I had to swallow my pride and ask DH to run to the drug store because I thought suppositories were my only hope and... YAY I POOPED!!!! we were going little chants and singing little songs and dancing around like I was a 2 year old who used the potty for the first time. I just thought this little moment in my life is quite comical and thought I would share with all the other ladies who can relate and share a laugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Re: Isn't it funny

LOL...... Thank God for the suppositories right??? I had that problem too right after my trachelectomy on 5-13-09.... But after about a couple of days I was ok........Hope things are going better for you now.......
Unread 05-27-2009, 11:13 PM

This is the only place where you can celebrate a BM!!!! I think all of us have been there!!! Good moving to yea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2009, 05:34 AM

OOooooHHHHHhhhh!!!!!!! Nothing like a good poop! WELL DONE
Unread 05-28-2009, 06:48 AM

I can relate! We were celebrating every number 1 and number 2 for a while.
Unread 05-28-2009, 09:48 AM

thanks for the laugh! I too, was the same way, was determined to keep certain thing private for the sake of romance and mystery. My poor hubby knows all about my poo habits now. my entire family, and some complete strangers who were brave enough to ask "what kind of cancer?" now know all about my private areas!
Unread 05-28-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady63 View Post
This is the only place where you can celebrate a BM!!!! I think all of us have been there!!! Good moving to yea!

Actually there are some other places...like IBS boards and similar sites. We talk pooh all the time.

Speaking of which...my IBS seems to have gone into remission. I have been able to eat just about anything since my operation! My family had a tough time because I could only eat out at certain places that served 'safe' food...now when I go out it doesn't matter.

Strange...I honestly thought it would get worse.
Unread 05-28-2009, 11:25 AM

elfdream...that is wonderful......we all get miracles from time to time.
Unread 05-28-2009, 12:34 PM

I'll say that I am glad all my ordeals are about over and done with and I give God all the glory for bringing me through my surgerys and the support of all my Hystersisters who gave me the strength to carry on through all this..... I know alot of prayers have gone up for alot of women on this website..... This is an AWESOME website.......... You all mean so much to me......
Unread 05-28-2009, 05:24 PM

It becomes very very important !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register