Scheduled LAVH Frightened!!!!!! (kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frightened!!!!!! (kids mentioned) Frightened!!!!!! (kids mentioned)

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Frightened!!!!!! (kids mentioned)

I know some of you know this but most of you don't. The reason I am freaking out so much is that my cyst falls right in the middle of bad and good. And the only way to tell if it is bad is to take the whole ovary out. I know this cyst has just as much of a chance to be benign as it is malignant. But deep down I just have this feeling that something isn't right. I am scheduled to go to the castle in 8 days and the waiting is just torture!

I find myself looking at my boys 10 & 11 and just wondering. Wondering if my time with them is limited. I know if this cyst is malignant that I can fight it but what scares me is that is has been 6 weeks since my cyst has been checked. And I wonder if that is 6 weeks wasted time. The closer it gets to my date the more I am freaking out. I want to know but then again one little word can turn my whole world upside down.

I guess I just needed to get this out in the open. Thanks so much for listening to me and letting me "talk".

I didn't want to post this in the Cancer Concerns because I don't know yet if I have cancer and I really wanted you guys to know why I am taking this so hard. I didn't want you guys to think I am a big ol baby!

Thanks again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Re: Frightened!!!!!! (kids mentioned)

Lisa, I don't think you are a baby. I am feeling the same way. The reason I am having this surgery is so that I don't get cancer, but I have a cyst on an ovary. I too am worried that it may be cancer.

Even though I know it propably isn't - I look at my sons and wonder if I will be here for them in a few years. One of them is high-functioning autistic and he would be lost without me.

{{{HUGS}}}
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:14 AM

Thanks BulldogLover! I really really needed to get that out!! I can't convey my feelings to my family because they always tell me not to jump the gun. But in this case I kinda feel we have the right to. This is something major. That not only affects my life but theirs as well. I just feel the need to be prepared for the worst but hope the best!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:28 AM

Lisa

I am praying everything will be okay and you are on the 50 percent good side.

Love

Jeanette
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:51 AM

(((Lisa)))

Facing surgery is scary enough, but wondering what will be found adds more fear and stress and we all understand that. Please remember, we're here for you. I pray that it's just a cyst and nothing more.

Deb
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:59 AM

(((Lisa)))

One year before my hysterectomy, I had a biopsy that showed some precancerous vaginal cells. I was so terrified, and I worried so much about my kids, too. Many of us here have gone through this same anxiety.

I'm so glad you felt this was a place you could vent and share this anxiety. That's why we're here
Unread 06-02-2009, 11:21 AM

I am just in awe at you guys!!!! You all have touched my heart so!!!! I literally have tears in my eyes. I am sooooo very glad I found ya'll. I truly don't know what I would do without you guys!!!

I wish I could afford an angel badge for each and everyone of you!!!!!
Unread 06-02-2009, 03:37 PM

who ever gave me the badge so very very much! I wish you would PM me so I could know who you are!

Thanks so much!!!! This really brightened my day!!!!
Unread 06-02-2009, 03:47 PM

I have been in your spot and know it oh so well... I am 3 weeks out of my TAH... I feel Like i have been beaten to death... ugh... Like i have the flu ... I hurt all over still and was sad because others seem to be doing so much better than me in week 3.... but I am ok ... I looked at my Daughter like it I only had months to be here even went through the fear enough to Do my will .... I didn't have one before I am 30 and my child is 14 and when they found the pre cancerous cells ... I was sure to displace that like whatever... Then I went through a year of treatments... surgeries and a round of chemo and still to no avail... I feel great now as far as mentally anyways.. I kept my ovaries.. Even had a hemtoma and went back into the hospital 3 days after i got out. and was there for another week.. I feel that this is just something to make sure I know how great I really have it..... So take it slow and know that you are much thought of and huggles to you for going through all of this... If you need to talk plz post... I am here for you .. Its been a long hard journey for me and I would have loved to find this site before I did...
Unread 06-02-2009, 03:58 PM

Kristy30, I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. I really appreciate you reaching out to me. This site has been such a blessing and has brought such wonderful people into my life!

I hope you start feeling better soon!

to you as I know you will start feeling better soon!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register