Interesting information just found on Endometriosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Interesting information just found on Endometriosis Interesting information just found on Endometriosis

Unread 06-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Interesting information just found on Endometriosis

Hi, just come across this information in an leaflet on Endometriosis on my new Hospital's website. It may help explain a little more why drug treatment doesn't always work!!

"Endometriosis found in the ovary is commonly referred to as endometriomas.We do not know how they form, but think that it may be due to growth of endometriosis into the ovary from the side of the pelvis. This may be why most ovaries that contain endometriosis are stuck to the wall of the pelvis. This is the area where the tube from the kidney to the bladder runs (ureter) and where a nerve that supplies the thigh is found. This is the reason why many women with endometriotic cysts get pain down the inside of their leg. It also means that when surgery is performed to remove the cyst and the endometriosis beneath, the ureter can be damaged."

"We know that if there is an endometrioma present then drug treatments will not work."

"If you have large ovarian cysts or adhesions then drug treatments are unlikely to work."

Regards
Busylizzie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2009, 05:50 AM
Re: Interesting information just found on Endometriosis

Great Info! Thanks!
Unread 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Thanx for this info, very interesting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2009, 02:29 AM

Oh no... now I am even more scared. I have adenomyosis and who knows what else... but I have BAD leg pain... right now even as I write... worse than ever... I really hope that that isn't happening with me!

Can you please post the website so I can show my gyno?

Thank you so much,
Stephanie
Unread 06-15-2009, 02:44 PM

Enoughalready,

I didn't mean to scare you. I was just sharing the information I found. I'm information hungry at the moment looking for possible answers to my problems.

Here is the link to the information: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...=jump&lid=2042

Hope your leg pain settles down. I had steroid injections in a couple facet joints last week to ease nerve pain. Not sure if it is related to my other problems.
Unread 06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Smile - Interesting information just found on Endometriosis Re: Interesting information just found on Endometriosis

Thank you soo.... much for the info. I have this leg pain.It mimicks sciatic nerve pain. But I never had any trouble with this until endo started.
Unread 06-25-2009, 04:52 PM

Thanks so much for the info!
Unread 06-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Thumbs up - Interesting information just found on Endometriosis Re: Interesting information just found on Endometriosis

Thanks for the info. I have advanced Stage 4 Endo and was offered Lupron to try and have instead opted for a LTH/LSO along with some bladder repair. My left ovary is 'glued' to the pelvic wall and bladder; I was referred to a Doctor who specializes in complicated Laproscopic Hysterectomies and she is 90% confident she can to it without having to reopen my C-Section Scar. I've been in such crippling pain I cannot get out of bed or walk. The pain goes down into my legs and it hurts when I walk. Again thanks for this info, I felt good about my decision to move forward with the LTH now I feel even better!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register