Surgery canceled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery canceled Surgery canceled

Unread 06-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Surgery canceled

as of this past Friday .

Feeling scared, angry, sad, and slightly relieved(?) .

I have no clue when or even if they will reschedule.

Do I have to or need to "leave" here now ? Nothing has changed with my condition - in fact it seems to get worse daily. I'm afraid that this huge cyst on my left side will end up bursting and I'll wind up in the hospital anyway....

My son said, "Mom maybe God just doesn't think you should be having this surgery". I'm having a hard time with this though - don't know what to think or believe right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Re: Surgery canceled

ok - well since my question has not been answered - I guess I'll stay for now. Hope it's ok! I have no one else in my life who understands what I'm going through other than you guys.
Unread 06-14-2009, 02:56 PM

Hi Jay~
Hopefully you will not need surgery, but you seem a bit disappointed. Are you in need of a second opinion, perhaps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2009, 04:19 PM

Jay.........you are more than welcome to stay on this site? Did they tell you why they canceled? Kay

Unread 06-14-2009, 05:26 PM

Hi Jay62, I do not see why you would need to leave the site. Why was your surgery cancelled and why do you think it will not be rescheduled?
Unread 06-14-2009, 05:38 PM

My surgery is not even scheduled yet and my biggest fear is that they'll reschedule it. My last two surgeries were rescheduled which completely devestated me at the time. I survived, but still, lost a job because the second one was rescheduled. Employers have no care about doctor and hospital schedules.

I'd vote to allow you to stay on this site. It's the only one I've found where those of us with hellacious cycles can get an ounce (or a pound) of understanding. The little validation of "yeah, it's painful and it sucks" means so much when you're questioning your own sanity as to if you're making a big deal out of nothing.
Unread 06-14-2009, 06:40 PM

I am so worried that my surgery will be postponed or canceled. Wht was yours canceled.
Especially after this weekend. The pain has been worse.
AF/cramps have stopped but this morning and all day i was been having pains. They come and go. I'm thinking its a fibroid twisting. I'm so ready to get rid of these!
Unread 06-14-2009, 09:22 PM

I can understand how you would be pretty anxious right now with your surgery having been called off for the time being. Keep following with your doctor and keep us up to date, OK?

Until such time as you have a new surgery date, it would help if you could go into your profile and remove your hysterectomy date? Thanks!

Unread 06-14-2009, 11:55 PM

Why did they cancel it? And why didn't they tell you if they would rescheduel or not??

Let us know,

Unread 06-15-2009, 03:44 AM

Hi and thank you to all of you for your support.

As far as why surgery was canceled - due to no insurance and the funding that I was trying to get was turned down. The dr thought for sure that I would get it but they said no (I pretty much knew on Friday but was still hoping for a miracle that just never came....). It's a really long story but I have been trying to get this funding now since the second and kept being told different things. Now it's for sure a no go.

There is a small chance that the following month things could change but not enough for me to get excited about.

Ya know, I have worked hard all my life. At times worked three jobs to raise my children and pay my bills. Now that my health is getting so bad I can't do that anymore and am out of money and NOW out of a job too. Unemployment accepted me and THAT is the reason that NOW the surgery WON'T get covered!! I'm just in shock!! It seems that the only way to get the surgery fully covered is to have NO income at all. Another catch 22 because with no income at all - there is no way to pay my bills (elect, gas, etc....). And all of this is beside the fact that there is no way for me to "get" another job at this time because of my illness!! I'm totally at a loss as to where to turn or what to do or where to go from here.

I greatly appreciate you guys allowing me to stay as I don't know where else to turn right now. I'm going to have my GYN fax my records to another dr (hopefully) today (any of you who pray - would you all say a prayer that the dr will do this as quickly this morning as possible - thank you!!!). If he'll do this then I will at least maybe get an apt in the next day or two with the new one and maybe he'll have some other suggestions as to what I might be able to do. I'm also going to request (beg is more like it) some pain medication so that maybe I can get enough relief to get some things done while I'm in the "wait and see" mode....

Ok - well I need to get off of here now and try to get a few bills paid (online) while I still can. Oh and yes, I meant to change my profile yesterday but my daughter ended up coming over and I never got to get back on here again after that. I'll do that now before I get off of here - "K"?

God Bless you all and all of you take care! You all have my prayers too .

Hugs to everyone and thank you again for being so supportive and understanding. It does my heart good to have a place like this to come to. **angel smiley goes here**

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register