TAH/BSO at 28. 3-18-09(kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Abdominal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/BSO at 28. 3-18-09(kids mentioned) TAH/BSO at 28. 3-18-09(kids mentioned)

Unread 06-15-2009, 10:38 PM
TAH/BSO at 28. 3-18-09(kids mentioned)

Hi,

I had my TAH/BSO on 3/18/09. Its been just shy of 13 weeks and I am finally feeling better! Thank God!
After a year and a half of severe pain, totally wonky periods and parenting from the bed, surgery's that didnt help and bad DR's telling me its all in my head, I got a DR that listened. She said that it sounded like endometriosis. I had been told that it couldn't be endometriosis by my last Dr. My new Dr gave me a shot of lupron depot and things got so much better. My period finally stopped (after 6 months straight) and the pain went away! For about 2 weeks. Then my period started again, harder than ever, and it didnt stop. The pain came back too. My Dr said that it was time for everything to come out. I am only 28 so that was hard to hear. I had already been told that I couldn't have any more children so that wasn't the problem. I was afraid that I wouldn't feel like a whole woman anymore. Dumb huh? But that's how I felt. Then I found HysterSisters. I found that I wasn't the only one that felt that way, in fact it was rather normal!

My husband couldn't get off work till the middle of March so that's when I scheduled the surgery. I had already had 3 c-sections so I knew the drill on ab surgery, but the Dr said that I would hurt worse than those. SCARY! But pain for a few weeks was so much better than what I was dealing with now!
The surgery itself was easy enough. Recovery, now that's different! After about 2 weeks I realized that this pain I had on my side was not normal and went in to the Dr. She thought that it could be my appendix now. So back into the hospital I went. They couldn't figure out what was wrong. CT scans and fancy X-rays couldn't say for sure it it was my appendix or my gall bladder or my intestines. So I waited. I was in the hospital a week when they decided that they would do surgery again to go looking. They gave me that bowel prep and I thought I was dieing! But a couple of hours into it the pain went away! Just gone! So they did another one of those fancy X-rays and sure enough my intestine was "kinked"! They said that it would take months for it to heal and that it was so bad my insides were healing a lot slower than normal. I was in for a long few months but now that we knew what the problem was I would be ok.
So for then next several weeks I had to parent(my kids are 5,6 and 7) from my bed. Since we homeschool they had a long break. I was on a lot of strong medicine which made me loopy and very tired all the time.

But now, 13 weeks post op I am doing so much better! I am off all the pain meds and my head is clear! I still have pain now and then from that kink but nothing I cant handle. My kids are back doing school full time again and I feel normal! I am dealing with menopause (on estrogen) but that is not so bad! My babies are glad to have their Mama back and my hubby is glad to have his wife back to normal again too. I got my pathology report back and the Dr said that not only did I have a bad case of endo I also had the beginning of cervical cancer so all the more reason the thank God for my hysterectomy! She also said that the miscarriages I have had were most likely caused by the endo. It doesn't make them less painful but it was good to know.

I am so thankful for the ladies on this web page. It helped me get through the long nights when the pain kept me awake knowing there was someone on to chat with who understood! So thank you to all my sisters! And may God bless you all!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register