Fibroids and pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fibroids and pain Fibroids and pain

Unread 06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Fibroids and pain

I think this is the best place top post this. Or if there is a better place or another site. Better to discuss fibroids and not surgery. Please let me know.

Anyway. When you start having more pain from the fibroids were they growing faster? I was scheduled for a VH on June 16th.(ins still not approved) So Its rescheduled for the 23rd.

I couldn't take advil the week before surgery. AF came and I had to rely on Tylenol. Well cramps were so bad. DR called in a prescription. Well it worked pretty good. AF left but i'm still having cramps. They feel like labor. They come and go. I get the pain like labor then it goes away. Then comes back.
I have read some fibroids grow faster then others. I had an US the first week in March. So its been over 3 months. Do you think its to early for another one. (1st was adominal. i'm debating asking for a vaginal) Whats the reason the cramping gets worse as time goes on? Does it have to do with the size? I wish i knew what kind of fibroids they are. I'm thinking this one next to my bladder is the kind that twist. (causing the pain)
Do you think they would do more tests because i'm experiencing more pain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Re: Fibroids and pain

Val, I am so sorry you have to go through this.
I would ask your doctor if you can get a transvaginal ultra sound. I had both abdominal and trans-vaginal. Maybe with further test results your insurance company will approve your surgery.

I can't tell you if pain is an indication of growth, but I do know fibroids can grow in 3 months.
I don't know if they can really conclusively diagnosis what type of fibroid it is with an ultra sound. I was told one of mine might be pedunculated (on a stalk) but it turned out to be subserosal (on the outside wall).

I hope you get good news soon. Hang in there
Unread 06-17-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowstar View Post
Val, I am so sorry you have to go through this.
I would ask your doctor if you can get a transvaginal ultra sound. I had both abdominal and trans-vaginal. Maybe with further test results your insurance company will approve your surgery.

I can't tell you if pain is an indication of growth, but I do know fibroids can grow in 3 months.
I don't know if they can really conclusively diagnosis what type of fibroid it is with an ultra sound. I was told one of mine might be pedunculated (on a stalk) but it turned out to be subserosal (on the outside wall).

I hope you get good news soon. Hang in there
I know i should just ask. LOL

My luck it won't show anything new or growth.
But i know there is more pain then before.
I was noticing too. The cramps were bothering me so i went and laid down, took a nap. Wake up the cramps are gone. Get up go sit at the desk, walk around. The cramps come back. URG! So frustrating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2009, 09:59 PM

Take some advil and go lay down for a while.
Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-17-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Take some advil and go lay down for a while.
Hope you feel better soon.
Funny you mention Advil. I was wondering if I have been having these cramps for awhile. But seeing i take advil for my PF. It was taking care of the cramps. HMM

I can't take any advil just incase the surgery is approved. Then i head to the castle on Tuesday. But i do have the prescription. I'm trying not to take it if its not real bad.

I'm headed to bed so i'm sure it will go away. Not sure why except the pressure has something to do with it.
Unread 06-17-2009, 10:11 PM

fingers crossed that Tuesday is the day
Unread 06-17-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
fingers crossed that Tuesday is the day
yes exactly 2 months after yours. I bought a good luck anklet at the amusement park this weekend. but so far its not working. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register