6 months post-op help with hormones | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months post-op help with hormones 6 months post-op help with hormones

Unread 06-19-2009, 05:14 AM
6 months post-op help with hormones

I am six months post op and have had a hard time getting to where I feel normal again. My doc started my on estradiol six weeks after my surgery (ovaries removed) and they made me sick. He lowered the dose by half and I couldn't tell a difference, so I kept taking them for a while, when I started hurting again. i had endo for 2 years before my surgery and was scared it was coming back, so I quit the hormones and started Lexapro. It turns out my pain was a 8.5 mm kidney stone. I had lithotripsy for the stone in Apr. and have not hurt since! The lexapro was not working like i thought it should. i was still having night sweats, hot flashes, and my moods were not leveling out. My doc changed me to Wellbutrin and bio-ident's and the same thing with the hormones, they made me sick. i take a testosterone shot each month, which i love, but i just can't seem to get the hormones in check. could i just not need hormones or am i not giving them enough time? the bio-idents i only took for 3 days because i was feeling so bad. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Re: 6 months post-op help with hormones

im having same problem.I start on something and have to stop cause i get too sick.Im 12 weeks post op and very confused about what to do next.Of course its a lot earlier in the game for me.But it feels like an eternity already.I dont have any answers for you just a sympathetic hug goes out to you and wishing you luck on your journey.I guess its all just trial and error.

Lynette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register