I miss my dad | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I miss my dad I miss my dad

Unread 06-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I miss my dad

My dad died of pancreatic cancer in November 2008. His death just "threw me over the edge", and I couldn't stop bleeding. I needed 2 transfusions and got scheduled for my hysterectomy December 31. They left the ovaries in, but I'm still an emotional train wreck. It's going to be a tough Father's Day to get through. I don't seem to remember other years that there were so many advertisements for Father's Day. I guess I never noticed before, because I HAD a dad. I never realized how hard these "holidays" are for the people that are left out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Re: I miss my dad

((((((Elena)))))) I am so sorry for your loss. My dad passed away almost 10 years ago and it is hard with a the fathers day advertisments. It does seem like they are advertising more. Remember though he is with you in your heart and watching over you.

Hugs
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:37 PM

Elena -

I totally empathize with you. This is the first father's day in my life where I don't have a father or FIL to celebrate the day. My dad died almost 8 years ago and my FIL died 6 weeks ago on my birthday.

Know that there are and prayers out here for you.

G.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2009, 10:03 PM

Oh Elena,
I am soo sorry for your loss. My father passed away back in 1993 of Pancreatiits, and my mom before that in 1991. It never gets better just different. I like to think about the happy times, my father was such a loving, sweet little man.

I can understand your feelings this weekend. My heart is with you and are my thoughts and prayers.
You must take care of yourself. He would want you to be healthy and strong.

Think happy, loving thoughts.
Unread 06-20-2009, 10:24 PM

Elena,
I am so sorry for your loss! I will not pretend to relate, because I am (SO!) lucky to still have my dad, even after bypass surgery.

But I can tell you that you are not alone. Having lost way too many friends and relatives (almost 20 in the last 5 years), the holidays and anniversaries are the hardest.

I'm sure it's even harder because you haven't been physically well, and you would probably give anything to have your dad's presence now. I don't know what your spirituality might be... but maybe you believe that he could still be with you. Loving you and comforting you as he did when he was here.

Even if that is not the case, please know that you are loved and supported here.

I know tomorrow will be tough for you... maybe there is something you can do to make yourself feel better and honor your dad?

My mom's mom passed away last fall, and my mom and I spent what would have been my grandmother's 85th birthday with all my aunts... it was a girls' day. Even though we were still sad, we set a new (or maybe a continued ) tradition of celebration.

It's just a suggestion, and I hope I didn't offend. My heart goes out to you, though!!
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:17 AM

(((Elena))) I can relate My dad has been gone over 30 years now and I still miss him. Father's Day can be difficult for those of us without a living dad. However; your dad and mine will forever live in our hearts. They go on living thru us, we will always be their daughter.
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:38 AM

Reading this made me cry. I'm so sorry for all of you that don't have your Dads here with you physically. Just know that they will always be with you in your hearts and memories. Nothing can take that away. I feel so blessed that I still have my Dad with me. He's 84 and has gone through so much in the last 3 years in and out of hospitals. This time last year, he was in the hospital with congestive heart failure. He's lost so much weight, and he's aged so much. But at least he's home and still has a strong mind and a positive attitude. I know one day, he won't be here, but I have to accept that.

Happy Father's Day to all our Dad's no matter where they are. We will always be "Daddy's Little Girl".
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:44 AM

My dad passed away on Oct 28, 2008..lung cancer to brain. I quit my job and took care of him for 3 months. He was crabby but not in pain. My mom has had a stroke and I am now "in charge". first time in 51 years..no dad on father's day. I miss you Dad but will see you in the bye and bye.
Unread 06-21-2009, 05:53 PM

(((((Elena))))) I can totally relate: this Father's Day has been very, very sad. It just dawned on me a few days ago that there was no father at all in my life: my grandfathers died ages ago, my dad passed away in 1997 and I still miss terribly, my FIL passed away before I met my DH and, as of September 2008, my children's father has also left this world.

These holidays are all hard, especially that first year (that's what I keep telling myself). And you've been through a lot physically and emotionally. So you really need to do some extra pampering

in there and don't be afraid to seek help: there are organizations out there that can help us work through our grief.
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:26 PM

i am so sorry for everyone, My dad died two years ago and we just got a call from my bro.-in-law my father-in-law is not expected to make it thru the night. i am so sad thanks for letting me share and cry.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register