Scheduled LAVH Anyone have Swelling in legs & feet? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have Swelling in legs & feet? Anyone have Swelling in legs & feet?

Unread 06-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Anyone have Swelling in legs & feet?

OK I am set for the castle in 1 week for LAVH/BSO due to prolapse uterus & large Fibroid 6.4 been trying to hold on put pain and pressure are getting the best of me. Was trying to finish my family's hair 4 of them (hairstylist) color, cuts, when I look down and my legs and feet were totally swollen, now I would swell with pregnancy so I know, But could all this be causing this swelling or am I just overdoing it trying to take care of everything before I'm laid up for a while?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Re: Anyone have Swelling in legs & feet?

I had a day at work before surgery when my left leg swelled up to about twice the size of my right leg. Of course I was sitting in a position that was totally stupid of me. Scared the heck out of me.
Unread 06-23-2009, 09:45 AM

for about 4 months leading up to my surgery my legs and feet were swelling up really bad. I had stopped having periods and it wa like all the water weight gain was just staying and building up. It was also making my blood pressure go up really high so that my Dr. put me on water pills to try and bring it down. No matter how much I drank it would go down a little at night and then be right back by the time I got to work.

Two days after my surgery I was hot so I took off the little socks they gave me and had my feet out of the covers an I thought WOW!! I have not seen my ankle bones in months!!

Once I got home I saw that I had lost 15 pounds in water weight and it has stayed off. I asked the Dr about it and she said that before the surgery my body was under a LOT of stress and it was just holding onto everything. The once it was over and I am recovering, my body is letting it all go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2009, 09:56 AM

WOW I hope this is what I am experiencing. I am on my way to pre op at hospital and see what they have to say. I really think half my weight gain 20pds is water and stress on my body....so heres hoping I will also loss all this extra weight. Thank you for your inspiring replie....HUGS
Unread 06-23-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs1234 View Post
OK I am set for the castle in 1 week for LAVH/BSO due to prolapse uterus & large Fibroid 6.4 been trying to hold on put pain and pressure are getting the best of me. Was trying to finish my family's hair 4 of them (hairstylist) color, cuts, when I look down and my legs and feet were totally swollen, now I would swell with pregnancy so I know, But could all this be causing this swelling or am I just overdoing it trying to take care of everything before I'm laid up for a while?
Hi,
I had the same- feet swelling & looked like I was 5 months preggy. I'm 4 weeks post op no, had the surgery TAH w/ BSO May 29. The explanation given to me was that the size of the fibroid is limiting the flow of blood plus it's depleting the body of protein, hence the swelling. In my case, the swollen feet didn't hurt, but my doctor had me get an ultrasound and a ct-scan because I have a history of breast cancer & stroke. That was to rule out clotting. Thank God there was none! But I blacked out while in the shower one day because I lost too much blood from my period, blood count was below 6, and needed to have blood transfusion asap.

Blessings and hugs to you on your upcoming surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register