Pajamas | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Pajamas

What kind did/do you pack? TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Re: Pajamas

I never used the ones i packed just because between the iv line and monitors i couldnt get them on anyway. I did get to use my robe after the iv was out. Actually I ended up not using most of what I packed, the hospital wanted me to use the slipper socks they have, couldnt concentrate to read, did use lip balm, cell phone, those new little disposable toothbrushes and hair bands.
Unread 06-30-2009, 12:22 PM

I have some new pajamas I was going to take but I have a feeling that as Peaches said, I'll never bother with them. I'm guessing that by the time you're ready to care about your own pajamas, you're going to be heading home. I will bring a robe too though. I think it's nice just having something of your own to wear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2009, 12:24 PM

I bought a over sized gown to slip on. I will only be a 23 hour admit so I figure about the time I get up and dress they will ship me home.
Unread 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM

I took PJ's and didn't wear them. The gown they had me in was comfy and thick, so I wasn't self conscious walking the halls in it. I even wore their mesh undies as they were comfy too.
Unread 06-30-2009, 01:08 PM

Just packed my bag of clothes to go home in and pads (didn't need them since I didn't have any bleeding afterwards). I wore the hospital gown.
Unread 06-30-2009, 01:43 PM

Honestly, the only things you may need is a comb, your identification and insurance card, and a cell phone. I had a small bag packed and didn't use anything except those items. Hospital gown was easier because of the IV's (the sleeves have snaps) and it was nice and warm and oversized so nothing was exposed. The hospital also provided me with thick socks to wear while walking, toothbrush and paste, lotion, lip moisturizer and anything else I may have needed.

I also brought a magazine and that was a waste...couldn't concentrate enough to read. I watched TV instead...
Unread 06-30-2009, 01:55 PM

I agree with leaving the pajamas at home. The IV made it impossible to wear anything but their hospital gowns. I had the opposite experience with their gowns though, they didn't cover much (maybe because I am smaller)...lots exposed. Was happy I brought my robe to drape around me.

I also brought my own slippers, my cell phone and a magazine, all of which I used. It was too difficult to get to my bag so I just used the hospitals toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.

Good luck!

Blossom
Unread 06-30-2009, 03:02 PM

I must agree with all of these ladies. I took a gown, but never wore it because of the IV. By the time the IV came out, I was perfectly happy with the hospital gown and hospital slippers. I did use my own mouthwash, toothbrush, and toothpaste, but thats only because the DH was there to get them out of the bag for me. Otherwise, I would have used everything provided by the hospital.
Unread 06-30-2009, 03:49 PM

Thanks everyone. I threw in some pj pants, just in case. I wore those with the hospital gown when I was in for asthma in March.

Think I am all ready for tomorrow. Drank that joyful bowel prep a couple of hours ago. Joy~ pure joy~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register