Should have listen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should have listen Should have listen

Unread 07-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Should have listen

I should have listen to all my other sisters but I didn't and now I am paying the price.

Today, I went up and down stairs to much. I barbeque and lift things that I should not have lift and now I am in extreme pain. I just was so upset because my Pastor was going to cook for me but my DH and DD said that they would and my DH said why did I ask my Pastor and his wife. So I called my Pastor and told him that was okay and of course my DH did not do what he said. So I did the barbequing and making of the dinner. I took and shower afterward and went to sit down for a minute and I was going to take a short nap and when I tried to get up. The pain shot threw my back and legs like never before. I couldn't get up and tears came out of my eyes. Then my neck and stomach started hurting. I just am so stupid, I should have just eat a sandwich or something and let my family fin for themselves. I am hurting so bad that I have taken two vioden and am waiting for three hours to past so that I could take a two motrin so that this pain will go away. I am so sorry for not listening to all my sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Re: Should have listen

I know it's hard sometimes! Feel better soon!
Unread 07-04-2009, 05:03 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry.
Sometimes the only person who will advocate for us is ourselves.

Your family won't have to deal with the effects of bad healing. You will.

PLEASE take care of you, and thanks for sharing your story. I bet it's going to help other sisters in the same situation.

Colleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2009, 05:39 PM

Oh no...I know exactly what you mean. It is so hard to just sit back when we want to do the things that no one else seems to want to step up to the plate to do. Don't do it though. It isn't worth it. The only thing you are going to do is hurt yourself and delay recovery. Just sit back and relax it really is the best thing you can do! Please take care of you!
Unread 07-04-2009, 06:42 PM

Sorry it hurts so much. It's so frustrating, isn't it? You feel OK doing things, then WHAM!

Talk to your family in the morning and tell them exactly what happened to you. (You could just have them read your post!) Then tell them you need them to do EVERYTHING for at least the next two weeks. At that point you'll let them know what things you'll take back. Give them really clear parameters!

The only way to keep this from happening again is to be proactive and work with them to help you. Take it easy tomorrow and get lots of rest.
Unread 07-04-2009, 07:22 PM

Lady, sorry you had to go through this. Dont be hard on yourself, you need to heal. Slow it down, and relax its okay to let your body heal. You are in charge of making sure that happens. Please talk to your family, if you have to set a meeting with your doc with your family involved. Take Care.
God bless and keep you in his hands.
Unread 07-04-2009, 07:41 PM

I totally agree. STOP! THINK! DON'T DO IT! I had abdominal hysterectomy a week ago, and because I felt slightly better, I decided to do just a few little chores around the house. (loaded the washer, folded clothes, etc..), even though my daughter told me that she was taking care of things and for me to sit down. Just wanted to do something. Boy, was I stupid. I started hurting 3 hours after I did those "little chores". Pain in back, legs, abs, and sides. I have sat down all day today, and will do so the next week. Sisters, don't do it. Relax, relate and release. It is not worth it.
Unread 07-04-2009, 07:54 PM

We as women wear many hats, we're wives, mothers, some grandmothers, and we try to be a gracious hostess. And we are used to making sure the job gets done!
But our bodies are just not up for the challenge, don't beat yourself up Take care of yourself, and rest for the couple of days. Like I have heard so many times here... we only have one chance to heal right. Hope you feel better soon

Carol
Unread 07-04-2009, 09:33 PM

Thanks everyone for responding. I am still hurting and want to lay down but it hurts to lay down and I can't seem to get any sleep. I am about to take my sleeping pill and hopefully I will be able to rest. Thank again and I will rest the next few days.
Unread 07-05-2009, 05:16 PM

I know what you mean. I had a not so supportive family today. Finally they did do some chores. I won't go into details. To many eyes. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register