2 weeks post op and oh the pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post op and oh the pain 2 weeks post op and oh the pain

Unread 09-06-2001, 05:56 AM
2 weeks post op and oh the pain

It has been 2 weeks and 2 days post op and when I went to bed last night and started to turn over onto my side a pain hit me and put me in tears. It almost felt like a cramp but deep inside of me. It's not low enough to be where my uterus would be, but more like a little lower than my ribs. It has been going on for hours and all I have to do is turn wrong and it hits me full force again. Anyone else expreienced this and have any idea what's going on? Also, this morning when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was blood on the paper. I haven't bled since 4 days post op. I don't know what to think. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2001, 05:58 AM

Hey Toni it is Cath I am glad that you made it over to this site .

I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. But you are only 2 weeks post op so maybe your stiches are disolving. As you know I go in for my surgery in two weeks.

Let me know how you are feeling

Unread 09-06-2001, 06:24 AM

Cath,
You know what the weirdest part of the whole thing is though? I was feeling wonderful up until last night. I don't understand it, but I thought I was well on my way to being back to normal. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2001, 06:54 AM

I had a little bleeding three nights ago as well. I had stopped any kind of discharge a week before. I called my doctor on call, and he said that as long as it stopped, and never got as heavy as a period, it was okay. Also, I was to phone him back if it happened again. Apparently this can happen when the stitches are dissolving. It can also cause some pings and twinges as the stitches let go, and your own tissues take over. Hope this helps.
(TVH - August 13)
Unread 09-06-2001, 09:56 AM
know what you mean!

toni...I posted yesterday about being 19 days and feeling yucky... I had some pain like you describe, too...and it started around day 17 for me. I had been feeling wonderful up until then, too. One of the nice ladies on this site suggested that I may have overdone things (had been walking about a mile a day) and also said that the healing is still going on so pains are 'normal' at this time. I didn't have any bleeding so I can't give any insight on that! I hope you are feeling better now... I took it easy and just walked 1/4 mile yesterday--and feel great today!

Here's to fabulous recoveries for all of us!!!

Wishing you the best! Sue
Unread 09-06-2001, 10:06 AM

Hi.. i am having a very uneventlful recovery with little pain, but right about 4 1/2 weeks post op i had severe pain off and on for 2 days.. i took some tylenol and that relieved it and i haven't had it since, it was also on my side and back.. too high for where my uterus would have been.. i think it possibly could have been ovulatory in nature as i kept my ovaries.. also, i had bad problems with swollen breasts and that seemed to subside after the pain.. at any rate, i will ask my dr. about it next week when i have my 6 week check up, but it was pretty scary when it was happening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register