Climara patch costs out of my reach for hrt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Climara patch costs out of my reach for hrt Climara patch costs out of my reach for hrt

Unread 07-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Climara patch costs out of my reach for hrt

Saw the new gyn today and she seemed nice and gave me some free Prometruim tablets and an RX for Climara patch 100. She would have given me free Climara patches but she didn't have any left. Went to fill the Rx and nearly had a fit. For a two month supply of the patches it was going to be $378.00. Well needless to say I didn't get it filled and will be calling the dr. tomorrow asking for Estradot instead. The pharmasist told me that the same dose of that patch is only $45. for a one month's supply. With my husband laid off since April and I don't work and we have no drug plan. I live in Canada and I know how everyone in the US complains about your high drug costs and think we have them cheaper here in Canada well I don't think this is cheap for the Climara patch. The pharmasist said it was a new drug here and that's why it costs so much.
But I really like this new dr and she's willing to work and find something that helps stop the hot flashes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Re: Climara patch costs out of my reach for hrt

Have you asked about the Vivelle Dot? It is a similar type of patch except you change it twice per week versus once per week with the Climara. I just had my Dot .075 refilled yesterday and looked at the receipt just now....the full cost for a month's supply was $73.00. That's a lot less than you were going to have to pay for the Climara. Not sure of the Dot pricing in Canada. I am very happy with the Vivelle...it sticks really well and takes care of all of my symptoms. Good luck!
Unread 07-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1964 View Post
Have you asked about the Vivelle Dot? It is a similar type of patch except you change it twice per week versus once per week with the Climara. I just had my Dot .075 refilled yesterday and looked at the receipt just now....the full cost for a month's supply was $73.00. That's a lot less than you were going to have to pay for the Climara. Not sure of the Dot pricing in Canada. I am very happy with the Vivelle...it sticks really well and takes care of all of my symptoms. Good luck!
From what I have read on this site Estradot is Canada's equal to the Vivelle dot. That's the one that the pharmasist said would cost $45.00 for a month's supply at the 100 dose patch. But my dr. may just give me the .075 so that would probably cost even less. At least I'm going to call her office tomorrow and ask for it. Certainly can't afford Climara.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2009, 12:06 AM

Estradot and Vivelle-dot are the exact same product. IMHO, and in my experience, the dot is a better patch anyway - it's smaller, thinner and sticks better than Climara.

-Linda
Unread 07-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. My new gyn did change my RX to Estradot 100 which only cost me about $42.00. Alot easier on the pocketbook. The pharmasist also told me that it sticks better and has better absorption than even Climara. I hope he's right.
Since I wasn't able to get the RX yesterday I slapped two Estraderm 50's on to see what would happen. My GP was the one who had given them to me but she wasn't willing to increase my dose. My hot flashes have really abated in amount and how bad they are. I didn't want to continue on the Estraderm as they don't stick that well and irritate my skin big time. At least with Estradot there are quite a few doses to choose from.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register