Back with some not so good News and some good | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back with some not so good News and some good Back with some not so good News and some good

Unread 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Back with some not so good News and some good

Hi Girls

Well I have been diagnosed with DCIS that is the prelim diagnosis ..things have been moving slow or so I think...

Doc felt lump off for mammy ,Birad 4 concern then of to biopsy ...prelim report DCIS I only have my US reports from both clinics the first did not seem to conceerning but the second has lost of terminiolgy I am in the dark about..

So Monday I am booked for an MRI thatb hopefully will show more & Tuesday I am meeting up with a surgeon..DCIS in isself is good new in the BC family if it has spread out then it brvomes IDC not good but lets hope it has not gotten that far,.

I cannot belioeve thei is happening to me again ...so I am asking all my sisters for prayeres that this is early.

On a bright note I met upwith Colleen we had a wonderful lunch together and she was there to lend an ear and give me support ...THNKS COLLEEN!!

much love

Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Re: Back with some not so good News and some good

Sitting here in the other CA, really hoping for the best of outcomes for you! And, yes, Colleen's a great gal! (Never met, but have corresponded.)
-Terri
Unread 07-09-2009, 12:01 PM

Cheryl:
So sorry to hear that you have another hurdle in front of you.
Was this just found on an annual mammogram? I have had many scares before, but most have turned out to be caffeine cysts...I don't seem to have them now that I had the hyst. and no menses.
Keep us informed and let us know what the MRI detects.
Best to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2009, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the well wishes Girlz!!

Doc felt paplable lession not hard lump as my sister had.I had not felt it but when she pointed it out yes I could feel it...but I have fybercystic breasts so lumps for me have always been hard to detect...I have gone through this before uspicious lumps ...then nothing but know it is something and i am of coursd freaking !!!

One day at atime this time next week I should know everything so when I know i will post for you all...

This is what I do know they are both going ...I have enough to worry about with HNPCC that one less risk hopefully gone !!!Breast ca is not supposed to be linked to HNPCC but both my sis and I have presented with breast ca s...she had her brest ca 1st and then uterine 2nd 48 & 49 and I am following the opposite way ...Uterine ca 48 breast 49,,,hiow bizarre is this ??

So I know how my sisters are on this board pray for early detection ..GOd Bless you all...

Much love

Cheryl
Unread 07-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Sorry to hear this Cheryl.
Hoping for good news in that it stays only DCIS.

I sent you a pm.
Unread 07-09-2009, 02:19 PM

dear cheryl...prayers are coming your way from all over. i hope you can distract yourself a little until the m.r.i., then the mtg. with the surgeon. get on out on that golf course...sunday is supposed to be nice, but rain on saturday! how awful to be going thru all that again...one positive thing is you've gained a lot of experience which will be useful. best wishes to you cheryl and btw, that was the fastest and most enjoyable 2-1/2 or 3 hours i ever experienced, and sitting out in the sun no less! geez, we'd be there all day if there was more shade...lol. take care.
colleen.
Unread 07-09-2009, 02:24 PM

Thnks collen

much love cheryl

hugz>>>>
Unread 07-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Sending you lots of healing thoughts....
Unread 07-10-2009, 09:31 PM

Sending hugs & prayers!!

Hang in there!!
monami
Unread 07-11-2009, 06:05 AM

to all my hs love is sent and I know you are thinking of me

much love

Cheryl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register