Not Scheduled Uterine Biopsy Tomorrow - Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine Biopsy Tomorrow - Scared Uterine Biopsy Tomorrow - Scared

Unread 07-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Uterine Biopsy Tomorrow - Scared

Tomorrow around 11 AM, the doc is going to be ripping pieces of my uterus out and I'm scared. Aunt Flo is still shedding parts, though fewer clots this round.

I've done two endoscopies and one colonoscopy without sedation nor any drugs stronger than two Tylenol, but I knew those parts weren't the problem. Tomorrow, they're going into the part that is the problem. The first doc wanted me to see the third doc, and it was the third doc's idea to do all this extra testing.

I've got a full week ahead. I have to drive for three hours on Tuesday, another three Wednesday and give two presentations. Will I be able to do those? I've read of gals having another round of Aunt Flo triggered by this, and with all the bleeding and clots coming out that I'm currently doing, how would I be able to tell if the bleeding is more than it should be? I'll basically be seeing a doc every day this week, so it's not like I'm going to drop dead, but I don't need to be in severe pain while I'm dealing with the other docs.

I don't have time for problems this month!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Re: Uterine Biopsy Tomorrow - Scared

Chocolate4Cure,
I have been following, to a degree, your fight to get everything done and a stronger, braver woman I have yet to meet! You have gone through everything with dignity, hope and best of all a sense of humor.
I am hoping and praying that all goes well for you in the upcoming days (I am POSITIVE) all will go well.
We will be here waiting to hear from you.

Wanda
Unread 07-12-2009, 01:58 PM

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

I can say from my experience that the biopsy actually helped calm down Aunt Flo for a little bit - my dr explained something about taking the lining that is currently causing the problem.

Sending you good thoughts for strength and courage.

Peace,
M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2009, 02:31 PM

My doc wanted to do mine while aunt flo was in town. She said the cervix is dialated at this time making it easier. I took 2 ibuprophen prior to the procedure and only had minor discomfort during and none after. Hope all goes well for you!!
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:41 PM

I had a uterine biopsy done during my first visit to the Gyn that performed my hyst - I had just been seeing my regular Dr for my annual paps before I started bleeding randomly even while taking bc pills.

So, I didn't have any time to get worried about it. That's probably for the best - we can be our own worst enemy!

It wasn't pleasant - she had to do it twice to get a really good sample. But it wasn't the worst pain I've ever experienced (toothaches) and it was over pretty quickly. It may not even compare to your cramps if they are really bad.

She told me she was going to insert a "straw" through my cervix & scrape the uterine lining & she was very reassuring throughout the process.

It didn't trigger additional bleeding - which was surprising because I usually had to wear a pad after a normal pap.

Ask if you can take a couple of Tylenol or Ibuprofen beforehand & you will probably be pleasantly surprised at how quickly it is over.

And won't it be such a relief to get a negative test result back??

Good luck with everything!
Raquel
TAH 7/2/09
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Chocolate,

I've had a couple of biopsies performed and I learned from the 1st experience. I found the procedure to be painful, but not insurmountable. The pain abated once the actual biopsy was completed. For the second round I took 4 ibuprofen (total of 800 mg) about a half hour in advance and it helped. I had some cramping after the fact and a little spotting...but Aunt Flo wasn't in town at the time (she was expected any moment and, frankly, I had hoped that I would just hose down my gyn during the biopsy as he was a bit of a prig about what I perceived to be a bleeding problem...no such luck <sigh>).

Needless to say I have since switched doctors.

I had no problem what-so-ever with continuing my daily activities either immediately following or the next day (although I did feign that it would be quite painful and did not return to work afterward <chuckle, chuckle>)

Post-biopsy brownies will likely help <grin>
Unread 07-12-2009, 09:26 PM

I had a uterine biopsy in June. No problem! Take some ibuprophen before you go (ask them first!) to help with cramping. Because of having babies, my nerves 'down there' were not all working anymore, so I didn't feel a thing. I had minor cramping later in the day and just some spotting.

You can do this. This one will be an easy test!
Unread 07-13-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchilder View Post
Cbut Aunt Flo wasn't in town at the time (she was expected any moment and, frankly, I had hoped that I would just hose down my gyn during the biopsy as he was a bit of a prig about what I perceived to be a bleeding problem...no such luck <sigh>).
Oh no... with the clots I've been getting, the doc will probably hit one, clog his machine, and then I'll start gushing. It'd be a code whatever event as they will think they caused the gusher when all they did was move the dam. I can just imagine them all running around panicking thinking that the blood river (complete with blood clot 'logs') is a five alarm emergency instead of my new normal, especially after it has been trapped for a few days. Then there's the whole bladder misbehavior issue and I'm still feeling the effects of last week's procedure.

Great, now I'm going to spend the whole time hoping I don't spray the doc. It's gonna be a toss-up as to if it's gonna be a red, yellow, or brown shower. My poor doc!!!! I hope he'll be wearing a face shield and an apron, if not a bunny suit.
Unread 07-13-2009, 07:16 AM

Well, Chocololate, you could always take him some SCUBA gear for the event <wink>

Good luck! I'm sure everything will be just fine. Take your meds, breathe, relax and know it will be over with very soon.
Unread 07-13-2009, 06:25 PM

I survived the biopsy today, not quite as bad as the worst of cramps, but pretty darn close. The prep for the thing was bad, the actual part was really bad, and the best thing the doc did was count from 10 to 1 and 10-7 was slow, 6 to 1 was really really fast (thank you doc, thank you thank you thank you!). And, I didn't give him a bath, either.

Sitting up was extremely hard, and I became very light headed and dizzy, then exhausted. After an hour I was still light headed, kind of an adrenaline let down plus about double the usual auntie flo visit tiredness. The nurse ended up taking me back to a room and had the doc check on me again. Doc said that sometimes it would happen for a gal to experience what I did. About two hours post-procedure I finally felt okay enough to sit up, then half an hour later was able to drive myself home. I've been laying in bed since, completely wiped out.

And so, auntie flo, that miserable visitor is back, along with her entourage. I'm counting the days 'til she's history. Miserable jerk. Anyways, today is her 30 day move-out notice.

I did ask the doc several questions as his time allowed, so:
It might be a DaVinci surgery, but the other doc decides that. Otherwise it should be "an easy" LVH.
I might need a blood transfusion (easy surgery, but might need a transfusion? ), so I can donate blood ahead of time.
The date is set in stone. August 12th will be the last day for Aunt Flo.
At the castle, I'll have a private room that is not on the baby floor and my own throne room.
Doc said to really work the abdominal muscles until the date of surgery as they'll be weaker after the surgery.
As far as weight goes, lose some if you can. No big deal if can't.
Depending on everything, if the cervix is not required for pelvic floor support, it's out too, otherwise it'll be "cored".
They may decide to remove the catheter immediately after surgery, but if I can't pee, it'll go back in.
They'll check various other parts for problems and remove any that require it (gallbladder, brain, appendix, etc.).

I do have to give the auntie some credit, though, she is throwing out quite a bit of junk. Now if she'd just stop rebuilding...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register