stem cell transplant? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stem cell transplant? stem cell transplant?

Unread 09-06-2001, 05:57 PM
stem cell transplant?

have any of you undergone this form of chemo? I need to hear some success stories. It seems as if this is my new course of treatment.

thanks,

dixie

ps, I will be offline for a couple of weeks to move in with my mom, so if I dont reply, dont get all worried. I am going to do my best to log on from other locations.

x o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2001, 11:15 AM
stem cell transplant?

Hi Dixie,

Good to hear from you!
I wish I knew something about this treatment, but I know very little about it unfortunately. Hopefully someone will have some information to share with you about it.

I did see a documentary on stem cell a few months ago on TLC I believe it was, about a young woman from California who was having these treatments and she was doing very well with it. I missed the very beginning of it, so I have no idea of what the title of it was, but it was very interesting.

Dixie I am sure you have probably done a ton of research online regarding this yourself, but I did do a search on google, and came up with alot of links with info on stem cell. Here is the link to the search results. There are pages and pages of different links to information, and I wonder if perhaps there may be something there with testimonials from people who have had this done.

http://www.google.com/search?q=stem+cell+transplant

I started to skim through them looking for that type of site, but decided to copy the link to all the results for you.

How did you make out with the Cisplatin Dixie? I hope you did not suffer too much nausea with it.
Please keep us posted on how you are doing!
Sending good thoughts and prayers to you, and a whole bunch of hugs as well!!
Maria
Unread 09-08-2001, 08:34 PM
stem cell transplant?

{{Dixie}}

I hope you are doing well with your treatments. I know it can be rough sometimes.

I did a bit of reading on stem cells transplants and the only thing I found is that unless I'm reading it wrong, its not really considered an actual "chemo" treatment. It was worded as more of an alternative to chemo, replacing the bad, damaged cells with "clean, new cells".

Here's a link I found on the American Cancer Society website which you might find helpful.

American Cancer Society

Hope this helps some. Please let us know how you are doing when you can. I wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2001, 10:21 AM
stem cell transplant?

Hi Dixie!

I have emailed the television station where this documentary I mentioned was shown. They replied back. It was intitiled Saras Story. They emailed me back with a telephone number and address where you could probably call to obtain a copy of this. I tried to email you but could not through your profile, so if you would like this info, just email me and I will gladly send it to you.
Hope you are doing well, and are all moved and settled in with your mom.
Hugs!!
Maria

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register