A little humor... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little humor... A little humor...

Unread 07-16-2009, 10:59 AM
A little humor...

Hysterectomies bring sadness to a lot of women and joy when the healing has taken place. Thought I'd inject a bit of humor in our day.

Surgery was June 3rd...the following are things I have learned since then.

1. Invest in good flip flops because bending over to tie your shoe is a pastime.
2. When the doctor says half of the incision is not closed up and there is a big hole...don't get a mirror and look at it.
3. I can finish a 500 piece puzzle in an hour and a half, out of shear boredom.
4. When you get up to go to the bathroom in the hospital for the first time since surgery, don't scream...first, all the doctors and nurses come running to your room, second, the whole floor can hear you, third, your hospital roommate thinks you are crazy.
5. Milk of Magnesia is your best friend, thanks to narcotics.
6. You know its been a long day when you watch Judge Judy and it is actually the highlight of your day.
7. Never, ever, EVER sneeze or cough the first three weeks.
8. When you feel like you would rather be dead then heal, well, yep, being dead would be much easier.
9. Don't ever put all the flowers you got into your tiny room if you have allergies - they make you sneeze - refer to number 7 above.
And lastly...
10. Don't ever take having your own children for granted, because not ever being able to is one of the hardest things I have had and will have to face. God is catching every single tear...

"For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, and My covenant of peace will not be shaken, says the Lord who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Re: A little humor...

God bless your heart, Sold out, that was the perfect combination of light hearted humor and a deeply felt reminder to count our blessings. He does indeed catch every tear.
Unread 07-16-2009, 11:47 AM

Soldout -
We need something about passing gas being socially acceptable for the time being!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2009, 12:03 PM

Thanks - that was wonderful!!!
Unread 07-16-2009, 12:28 PM

Soldout, thank you for this. I especially appreciate number 10. While I have come to accept the fact that I will never be able to have children, it is one of the hardest things I've gone through. I don't like it, but I've accepted it. So sorry you have to endure it, as well. Take care.
Unread 07-16-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieoutlook View Post
Soldout -
We need something about passing gas being socially acceptable for the time being!
I think they should distribute a card, you know like AARP....LOL
Unread 07-16-2009, 03:29 PM

Re number 10, if you have healthy children, count your blessings. I was fortunate enough to be able to have a child, but I guess God decided he wanted to catch a few more tears because he made my baby autistic, and he has never told me why.

Sorry I can't contribute to the humour, but don't let yourself believe that having no child at all is the worst thing that can happen to you.

My deepest apologies if I have offended anyone.

Hmmm....nope, can't think of anything funny at the moment, but your 10 items were very good! LOL!
Unread 07-16-2009, 04:35 PM

Hey EnglishLavendar...no worries! You didn't offend me at all...I don't believe not having children is the worst thing that can happen to me, but it is bad enough for the time that I am going through right now. I'm happy and finding my joy in the little things of life right now - like my comfortable bed and dresses that don't touch my tummy.

Regarding your autistic child, I am a teacher and I speak with a lot of parents (and teach their student) who have had children with autism and I know the pain and confusion it brings (at least to the parents I have spoken too). Sometimes God doesn't answer our questions (at least the way we want Him too), he just expects us to trust that He has a plan and sometimes we don't know why we are on a certain road with God until miles have made their way to the soles of our feet. Having faith is trusting even when it appears you have been forsaken, praying when it seems your words are simply entering a vast expanse where no one hears and no voice answers, believing that God is complete and that He is aware of your circumstances and waiting patiently for rain during a season of drought. Stay strong, it sounds like you are! You are so blessed! What a lucky thing it is to be a mom...

Praying for you...
Unread 07-16-2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words!!!!!!
Unread 07-16-2009, 05:09 PM

Thankyou for your list Soldout. I want to acknowledge the pain of sisters whose situation is such that they haven't got anything to smile about from this surgery, but laughing saved me from crying many times since my surgery on June 8. Although crying might actually have hurt less . . . . .
Jx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register