changes to the pelvic floor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

changes to the pelvic floor changes to the pelvic floor

Unread 07-27-2009, 09:58 PM
changes to the pelvic floor

Hi there

My doctor has encouraged me to have a hysterectomy due to a rare type of a borderline ovarian cancer---how he words it to me---the gyncology guideline is that women with borderline ovarian cancer to have hysterectomy. This might sound terrible part of me feels like he saying it to cover his ***. But with all the research I have done---I have found not much is known about it, especially my type because it rare. I am still debating about having this done---I am not scared of menopause or surgery it self, a matter of fact while having the hysterectomy I will have a tummy tuck due to my abd being so stretch out from having kids---just to help me look forward to something.

You may all laugh at my fear---hear is what I am afraid of changes to my pelvic floor. From having kids my rectum is pretty screwed up and sometime there is a control issue especially because I am a really exercise freak and this is when things kind of happen. Last week I went to another doctor about this, and he was question me why do I want to weaken my pelvic floor more and that just made me more scared---he kind of back tracked after saying that and now making me hesitate. He is having me do some testing because he discovered kegal wise I am strong vaginal but my rectum was pretty bad shape and no sure if it is nerve damage or muscle weakness.

Anyone out there in this same way---that scared what will to there pelvic floor---would love to hear from people who have had hysterectomy and are exercise freak.

Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Re: changes to the pelvic floor

What types of doctors have you consulted regarding your current pelvic floor issues and the ones you are concerned with post hysterectomy? You might find it beneficial to speak to someone who deals primarily with those issues. Or, you may want to speak to a surgeon who could correct your current issues first.

I had no pelvic floor issues prior to my hysterectomy nor am I an exercise freak so I can't share from a similar perspective. I can share that my surgeon tacked everything in place during my hysterectomy to help prevent any future issues. Nine years post op, so far so good!

As you have a possible cancer issue, have you consulted with a gynecological oncologist regarding your situation and what might be best for you? An oncologist may also have some suggestions regarding whether or not a hysterectomy is necessary for you or if there are other options available.

Keeping working with your medical team and seek second opinions as necessary to determine what is best for you!

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register