Book Ideas...I am bored | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Book Ideas...I am bored Book Ideas...I am bored

Unread 07-29-2009, 05:44 AM
Book Ideas...I am bored

I am reading like a banshee since I cant do much else. Anyone have any good titles to share of must-reads?

I just loved The Time Travelers Wife, The Wednesday Sisters, Sarah's Key, The Girls (Lori Lansens), and My Sister's Keeper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Re: Book Ideas...I am bored

That's funny, Melissa, I just read "My sisters Keeper', and "The girls" as well! I am reading "My life in France" by Julia Child, and also finished "The Partner" by Grisham. I am also reading like a fiend. If it is a good story it'll keep me still for awhile! I'll have to check out your other titles!
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:00 AM

imajrzygrl2,

I am a jersey girl also. I live in Essex County though. Thanks for the titles. Hope more roll in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2009, 10:19 AM

I just finished "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"by Mary Ann Shaffer. It was excellent!
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:45 AM

Hi Sister,
I, also, did some heavy reading while I was trying not to do stuff around the house. Jodi Picoult, Keeping Faith, The shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, The Sisterhood series by Fern Michaels were all great reads. Throw in some romance novels to keep your libido levels on alert. Be well and take good care of yourself.
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciana View Post
I just finished "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"by Mary Ann Shaffer. It was excellent!
Hey I am reading this book as well, about 10 pages in - please tell me it gets interesting?? It's been a tough read!
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:06 AM

This is a great topic! I started out reading young adult fiction because I was having trouble focusing while on pain pills. I would definately recommend "The Book Thief". I also read the "Twilight" series since I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and my teen daughter has be begging me to read them.
Now I'm reading "The Meaning of Night" by Michael Cox. It was named one of the best 10 books of the years by 4 newpapers. I hope to finish it by the end of summer- more than 700 pages!
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Olive Kitteredge by Elizabeth Ann Strout.
If you have an edgy sense of humor, anything by David Sedaris. I started one while still in the hospital and must admit it was several days later when I found myself laughing, but that's not Sedaris' fault.
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQueen View Post
Hey I am reading this book as well, about 10 pages in - please tell me it gets interesting?? It's been a tough read!
I found it slow going at first, but after a while I was really interested in what happened to all the characters and had trouble putting it down. It's very interesting in that it describes what life was like for the inhabitants of Jersey under German occupation during World War II. When it ended, I was left wanting to know more.
Unread 07-29-2009, 06:37 PM

Edgar Sawtelle is a great book.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register