One more question about vitamins please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One more question about vitamins please One more question about vitamins please

Unread 09-08-2001, 03:52 AM
One more question about vitamins please

I did get to the store and got a good multi-vitamin. It's called "One Source-Pure Performance" and it even has Selenium in it!! I also got a Calcium pill and picked up my Black Cohosh and Red Clover since I was getting low on those. I couldn't find the rosehips, but will keep looking. I did find the COQ10, but that stuff is really out of my price range! Considering that I am not taking any vitamins at all now, I'm hoping that I won't even need that extra energy boost.
Here is my question....how long will it take before I feel a difference after I start taking these vitamins? That is, IF I even am going to feel a difference.
Thanks again ladies!! You have all been so helpful!! Oh, and I stayed away from taking more than the recommended doseage of iron too! I think I did good!! (sheesh, I hope so after spending all that time looking at vitamins in three different stores!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2001, 05:48 AM

Hi Cyd, well you are on the right track. That COQ10 is very expensive but I took anything at the time to help me with my radiation . The rosehips come in a tea bag form not tea leaves or whole hips. As for taking the supplements... my herbalist says approx 1 mth before full benefits will show . So hang in there and I hope you are full of energy soon x x x
Unread 09-08-2001, 06:37 AM

Thats great Cyd!!
I hope you feel a difference.
I don't really remember when I actually thought they were kicking in, as I was still feeling the effects of chemo when I started them all, so I think the combination of the chemo leaving and all the the vitamins kicking in was probably all around the same time. Like Robyn said, it was a least a month for sure I think.

Thats great that you got a multi with the Selenium in it too!

Best of luck with them.
xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2001, 06:57 AM
Help with the vitamin prices!

I found this wonderful source of affordable vitamins. Puritan`s Pride. They often have buy one get 2 free!

Online www.puritan.com

toll free number 1-800-645-1030

My mom`s Dr. from years ago gave her this number and we get a catalog often and order from there.

I get my Co-Q 10 and vit e from there. I had to buy some other things the Dr. told me to start on, but will be ordering them from Puritan from now on. It`s a HUGE savings.

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 09-08-2001, 09:25 AM

Thank you all again for all of your help! I was grasping at straws and ended up digging out the phone book to find a Natural Foods store very close. Sure enough, he has the rosehips tea. I am planning on going up and getting a box today. Robyn, thanks for clearing me up about the tea. Kaatie, thanks for the website. I've already bookmarked it and ordered my free catalog! I appreciate your email also. You ladies are a true blessing for helping me out the way you have! Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register