No bleeding feeling fine, then BAM 3rd week bleeding...cramps...fear of adhesions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No bleeding feeling fine, then BAM 3rd week bleeding...cramps...fear of adhesions No bleeding feeling fine, then BAM 3rd week bleeding...cramps...fear of adhesions

Unread 08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
No bleeding feeling fine, then BAM 3rd week bleeding...cramps...fear of adhesions

First off, so please bear with me as I go through this. I had my procedure July 16th with my ovaries left in place. I was doing well for the first 2 weeks and then like a mack truck I started feeling poorly. It started with gentle cramping that finally went into full-fledged cramping and pulling feeling over this past weekend. I ended up having to call the doctor on call and was told that basically there was a bubble or possible "clot" of blood caught that was trying to pass through and that is what my discomfort is coming from. After virtually giving up panty liners because I was spotting maybe once a day or most days not at all, I'm now back on full-time wearing panty liners. The blood isn't fresh red, but more an orangey red or brownish red most time. There is no smell which my doc says rules out infection most likely. Even so, she ordered a round of antibiotics for me just in case. I also started drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea which was a helpful tonic for me during my periods and pregnancies.

Wishing for some relief I found this site and I am telling you that right now, I have read so many horror stories on adhesions that I'm about to cry. I am wondering if that is pretty much the exception to the rule or something that many women have to deal with. I chose this hysterectomy because of extra heavy periods and fibroids. I had not had what I see as many of the problems so many of the women on this site have had. I feel almost in awe that it was pretty simple. But now, looking at all the outcomes with bowel, bladder, and adhesion issues, I'm wondering if changes in quality of life will be paid with a HIGH price tag and I'll regret this surgery forever.

I'm in true tears here. I can't fully understand how I was doing so good, then out of nowhere have all this bleeding and pain. I will admit that I pushed myself a few days during those weeks and didn't slow down as much as I could have, but since the weekend, I have truly come to a huge halt. Even so, I'm a teacher...home for the summer...with two little ones 8 and 5, that I'M raising. It's kinda hard to sit completely still. I'm losing my mind with the boredom.

Please tell me that I'm not crazy for these fears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Re: No bleeding feeling fine, then BAM 3rd week bleeding...cramps...fear of adhesions

Please don't panic. I try to not read the emails about things that have gone too wrong. I had almost no discharge then got way more active in my third week and started cramping and bleeding - and I don't have ovaries. Went to see doctor, who said it was not a dangerously heavy amount but that I should ease up on activities. The discharge continued for 2 days and I also passed several clots. I took it easier, cut down on walking and also on sitting for extended periods and am doing better this week. Your situation sounds similar to mine, so try not to think the worst. Discharge, especially the rusty red brown or yellow is normal as sutures start to dissolve, or so my doctor told me!
Unread 08-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Re: No bleeding feeling fine, then BAM 3rd week bleeding...cramps...fear of adhesions

Thanks so much for the response. I think I'm just reading too much and expecting too much of myself as well. I'm trying not to get too bent out of shape. From what I can see of a great deal of the posts here, recovery is different for everyone. I am just feeling so bittersweet about it all right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2009, 08:20 PM

Around my 2nd or 3rd week, I had some brownish glob/clot come out of me and I panicked for a moment. Afterwards, when I wiped myself, I had bright red blood, but then nothing else. My doc believes that I was discharging some residual blood and maybe even some of my sitches. I'm over 6 weeks now and I feel really great. It will get better, just hang in there and don't fret too much! (just a lil bit)

Unread 08-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Thanks Georgia.I tend to think I'm doing really well and then I read some of the posts and think..."my gosh...what if that happens to me?" I must admit that overall I'm doing well. I have really slowed down the last few days although it is driving me crazy and my hurting is gone. I'm doing the antibiotics and everything seems to be ok. I'm still working on trying to get regular, but I knew that'd be an uphill battle. Thanks for the support.

Shawn
Unread 08-06-2009, 01:49 PM

Taking the time to heal correctly was very hard to do but I did make sure I never over did it. I still worry sometimes if I will get any of the problems I have read about here but I try not to worry. I seem to be doing fine & I can't give back the surgery anyway. Just take care of yourself & go slow, even though it is boring. Best wishes.
Unread 08-09-2009, 09:38 PM

Update...doc thinks its a hematoma. Not sure if I spelled that correctly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register