scared. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-09-2001, 02:07 PM
scared.

Evening ladies,any good advice please, i have been told i have cervical cancer i am 34 years old with 2 small children and a busy farming husband, my op is the 23 september and i am really scared i try to put it out of my head then i think of it and really panick. This web page is brillent . Can any offer advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2001, 02:36 PM
Scared

Sending lots of good wishes your way...I know it sounds impossible, but try to calm down. It is not as bad as your mind is trying to make you think it is. I am almost two weeks post op, 28 years old, and I was diagnosed with pre cancer about 5 years ago, then cryosurgery..and on and on, so I know how you are feeling. It's very scary, but trust your dr. This is the best thing to do, and when you're back home and feeling a little better, you'll really appreciate the attention and all the help you will be getting! Since I'm pretty new here, I can't offer a whole lot more than my good wishes, but if you want to talk, mail is welcome! Hang around and read as much as you can from all the boards...these ladies are a big help, and they tell you a lot more than you'll find out from your Dr! Good Luck!!

Stacey (TAH 8-28-01 kept ovaries--for now!)
Unread 09-09-2001, 03:01 PM
scared.

Hi Stacey, thanks for your reply,it does help reading all the other sisters advice. take care and hang on to those ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2001, 03:20 PM
scared.

Hi Maz!!
First off welcome to HysterSisters!!
You have certainly found a wonderful place for support and information sharing.

I am very sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but there are many ladies here who have been exactly where you are now, and we all know the fear associated with this diease.

I know that the other ladies will be along to welcome you as well, and share their experiences with you, and please feel free to post any and all questions that come to mind, and we will all do what we can to help you.

Its a scary thing to go through, and we have all been through it or are going through it, so hang in there and know that you are not alone!!!
Keeping you in my thoughts and Prayers Maz.
Hugs,
Maria
Unread 09-09-2001, 03:23 PM
scared.

Maz, cancer is the most scary thing . It plays on your mind over and over, but it is curable and a hysterectomy is usually all it takes. You must take one day at a time. One foot in front of the other and before you know it Sept 23 will be here.

This site is the best . And we girls here at cancer concerns have been through some type of cancer so know in a way, how you are feeling . We are here for you always.Please dont ever hesitate to post her or email one of us if you need some support. You take good care , much love always x x x
Unread 09-09-2001, 03:45 PM
scared.

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. The first few weeks are simply horrible because you just want it ( the cancer) out of you. But this can be beat as many ladies here will tell you. Surround yourself with supportive people and check in on this site as everyone here will be there for you . You didn't mention what type of cervical cancer or what other tests have been done. Most people have a cat scan or MRI to get an idea of the stage even before the surgery. As Robyn said, many women only need a hyst and then they are done with treatment. I will keep you in my prayers and hang in there.
Unread 09-09-2001, 05:43 PM
scared.

I walked in a state of shock for weeks when I was told cervical cancer. I would just daze and then break out into tears. So you see, what you are feeling is very normal. You need to release your emotions and then try to rest your mind. If you are a person of faith, then I suggest praying. It really did help me! I put my worries into the hands of the Lord and felt in my heart that he would take good care of me...and he did! Take care and know that we are here for support!!
Unread 09-09-2001, 07:46 PM
scared.

Scared is about right! I know I go between terrified to numb. Give yourself a little bit of time to adjust to the news. There are so many great treatments out now that I have high hopes for your speedy recovery.
Unread 09-15-2001, 11:04 AM
scared.

Oh darn! Thank Heaven you found this website. I didn't find it until after my surgery and I went through some pretty scary times all alone. I had some good family support but they didn't have cancer! I still felt pretty alone and afraid. I have been much comforted by the messages posted here!

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer in March of this year and was advised to have "everything removed" to eliminate the possibility of a spreading of the cancer to the ovaries. Not very cheery news to say the least, but I was determined to undergo an easy surgery and a relaxed recovery. I didn't plan to do ANYthing other than pamper myself for the first time in my life! I stayed out the full 8 weeks recommended by my GYN, bless her heart and I'm doing well and . . . CANCER FREE!

By the way, did you know a LOT of women get cervical cancer every year. Yeahhh I checked. Many many of them have surgery and never have another incident of cancer in their lives!

I used the time off to re-evaluate all the priorities in my life and have decided to let some of them go (including my stressful job). I've stopped doing things that don't make me joyful, I am no longer the first one in the volunteer line and I've given up feeling guilty when I say NO, I'm sorry I can't help this time. I hug people more and I'm thankful for every day whenever sunny or rainy. And I learned that when my husband makes me oatmeal in the morning. . . I feel REALLY cherished! HAhahahahaaa

Plan your recovery wardrobe, your post-surgery snacks and treats and map out your favorite TV programs. You might collect a bunch of good books to read too! Indulge yourself and PLAN for an easy recovery!

Best wishes
Wendy J
Unread 09-19-2001, 01:51 PM
4 days to go.

Hi ladies sorry i've not been on line for a few days but it is totally hectic here at home, i'm trying to arrange every thing before i go to the castle on sunday.I've got invasive cervical cancer Cin III and having a total Hysterectomy,I,ve been good and half packed my bag and i've sat down with the children and explained whats happening (not in detail i might add),and i,ve just been food shopping and brought nearly the whole shop so at least the family wont starve.
Thank you all for the mail this is so comforting to know your all out there.I've got so much info i could'nt be with out you all.I pray for all princesses to recover , be strong and may god bless you all.When i am released from the castle i will help as much as i can to offer support.I am so glad i found this web page its keeping me sane and i know what to half exspect although i'm quiet scared still.We have to be brave girls we can get through this together.
You should see my house it has notes all around the place giveing instrutions on the Fridge doors, Cupboards etc .etc.One thing which seems to be a good idear is when i come out of the castle my parents are taking the children on a weeks holiday so i can have a week on my own to gather my thoughts.Any way be positive girls we can do this together ok.
Loads of love and hugs to all.

MAZ.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register