2 weeks into recovery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > da Vinci Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks into recovery 2 weeks into recovery

Unread 08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Red face - 2 weeks into recovery 2 weeks into recovery

I had my Hysterectomey 7-30-2009. I kept my ovaries. This is how it started. In March 2008 I went to the GYN because of some pain I was having In my breast. I'd been having it for about a month or so. It was a weird feeling and the more I kept touching it trying to feel If I had a lump the more sore it was getting from touching it. I was so scared! i thought for sure I had breast cancer or something. I hadn't been to see my GYN in about a 1 1/2 years. He sent me for a mamogram and he did my Pap. Mamogram was fine! The following week i recieved the call from the nurse saying Dc wanted to see me my pap was not normal. I since have been every 3 months for a new pap and always one week later I get the phone call from the nurse saying Dc wants me to come in again. The abnormal cells always came back and they come back stronger than before. I have had so many procedures 2 of them in the hospital as an out- patient the other's in the office. My last one was in March and that was the cold knife conization. My Dc really thought he got it and that would be the last of it. he said it was all gone! I went for my 3 month check up and a week later I got the phone call? I went to see him the following week and he said it was back and it was stronger than ever. Not cancer yet but in 6 months it would be. He wasted no time in getting me in. It took the nurse a week to figure out how she would get me in asap and called me to say she could get me in the following week. It's done. I am at 2 weeks tomorrow. My surgery went well and I kept my ovaries. I had the Davinci. I was in the hospital overnight and that was the worst part of my whole experience. I was on the surgical floor and the 2 nurse's I had were awful. Not that they didn't do there job just not friendly or kind. I'm not sure exactly how to put it except that they were awful. My nurse at night referred to my surgery as being gutted! OMG!! I did not sleep a wink the entire night. Didn't realize till morning that it was probably because of the nicotine patch? So far everything is going as it should. I've learned alot of stuff from this site. I wish i would of joined post-op or even when i was having all of the procedures. I really like my doctor,I think he is great. I kinda think I maybe should of gotten a second opinon a long time ago from some of the things I've read on this site. I wonder sometimes why he didn't do the hysterectomy sooner. We have talked but was always trying to avoid it. Not sure if he was trying to avoid it? I was just going by what he said and I would even ask him what should I do? I go for my 2 week check up on 8-14-2009. I will be back soon just wanted to share my story today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register