Which doctor to see....??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Which doctor to see....??? Which doctor to see....???

Unread 08-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Which doctor to see....???

I am going to see my surgeon on Thursday to discuss HRT and intercourse complications to see if related. I had my one year hysterversary on Saturday so I should be back to normal, haha! I hate the office and not happy with the physician but my new ob/gyn can't see me until FEBRUARY!

Today I have had a constant crampy feeling...I swear it feels like menstrual cramps. What a weird feeling since I have no uterus!! I am not one who likes to take any sort of medication but I have been popping advil all day with no relief..what in the world is going on?! This makes me mad cuz my family doc is out of town and I hate to start up treatment again with the surgeon/gyne I hate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Re: Which doctor to see....???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzchick View Post
I am going to see my surgeon on Thursday to discuss HRT and intercourse complications to see if related. I had my one year hysterversary on Saturday so I should be back to normal, haha! I hate the office and not happy with the physician but my new ob/gyn can't see me until FEBRUARY!

Today I have had a constant crampy feeling...I swear it feels like menstrual cramps. What a weird feeling since I have no uterus!! I am not one who likes to take any sort of medication but I have been popping advil all day with no relief..what in the world is going on?! This makes me mad cuz my family doc is out of town and I hate to start up treatment again with the surgeon/gyne I hate
Hi, i would just like to inform you that I have had a TAH and if it wasn't for life or death circumstances, I NEVER would've done it and I certainly would NEVER reccomend it to anyone else. It is a terribly long hard road, that even I have not recovered from. I'm 28 and almost 2 years since my TAH. I just joined this forum a few minutes ago to help cope with the emotional distress this has caused me. I would give anything to have my ovaries again in hopes that I would be able to regain my old self once more.
Unread 08-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Re: Which doctor to see....???

Hi Bluzchick and also MyshadowObscure

I am sorry to read that you haven't been back to "normal". Neither have I.

It made me wonder (I am quite a newbie on the hysterectomy front and only 7 weeks post-op): what is "normal". Do I expect, did you expect, that things would be like they were before?

To be honest, yes, I suppose I thought that it would be this surgery and then back to 'normal'. I realize now that that will never happen and I will have to deal with this new reality. My body has changed, I am going thru menopauze all at once (am in hormone-hell), I expect that the radiation will give some changes also. It alters my whole life and it alters my relationship.

There are days that I resent this very much and on other days I can embrace it quite gracefully.

But as a friend of mine said: if you keep staring at the place where the sun set, you will never see it rise again.

If your physician is not the person you feel you can talk to, and the other dr. doesn't have time, can you find somebody else you can make an appointment with and talk it thru?

I am sending you lots of positive thoughts!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register