Disappearing Act - Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Disappearing Act - Help! Disappearing Act - Help!

Unread 09-10-2001, 06:32 PM
Disappearing Act - Help!

I posted this about 2 hours ago and now it's completely gone, don't know what that's all about so I'm trying it again.

wigging out over new abdominal mass
Ladies,

I'm 9&1/2 weeks postop from TAH/BSO - my doctor recently left the country for good [yes, good!] I saw the new doctor at my 8 week mark. SHE actually listened to me about the continuing pain and low grade fevers and sent me for an ultra sound. It showed a fluid filled abdominal mass approximately the size of a LARGE man's fist. At this time they do not know what the fluid is - blood, infectious fluid, etc. Sometime tomorrow a special will call me to let me know when he has room in his schedule. My doctor has requested a cat scan and to have this other particular doctor available in case a needle aspiration is possible. My doctor is trying to keep from having to do an additional abdomenal surgery.

OK, anyone else out there have anything like this?

Anyone else have low grade fevers lasting this long?

I actually have to go alone for this cuz DH is out of town on business and family is too far away.

So tomorrow I may get a call saying come-on-over-right-away or in an hour or two. I'm not terribly nervous about what may be found, but I am someone who likes to know anything and everything about something - it keeps me calm. But I won't know anything until tomorrow.

Help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2001, 06:52 PM
Dear CCC

I am a newbie here and learning myself, so I have nothing to offer you in terms of information. But my heart goes out to you!

I sure hope you get some posts from people in the "know"! In the mean time, know that others on here DO CARE and you are in my prayers and thoughts!

Ruby
Unread 09-10-2001, 09:01 PM
Disappearing Act - Help!

Hi CCC, Sorry, I can't help you regarding your mass, but I hope it's nothing and will get resolved quickly and easily. Just wanted to let you know your post didn't disappear. These boards are busy and get filled very fast. Your post just moved to the 2nd page. Good luck to you. Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2001, 03:12 AM
Disappearing Act - Help!

Hi CCC, I'm sorry as I don't have any ideas as to what it may be either. But I wanted to send some 's your way too.

Please let us know what you find out. Sending good wishes and healing thoughts your way!
Unread 09-11-2001, 05:24 AM
Disappearing Act - Help!

Bless your heart. Can't say anything about a mass after surgery, but did have a CT done for a mass before surgery, so, if you are feeling nervous about the CT, I'd be willing to go on and on about what is involved in that. I'm somewhat claustrophobic but it wasn't too bad. Hope things go well, and am sorry that you have to go thru this alone. Hugs to you...

Jane

ps--loved the hokey poky quote!
Unread 09-12-2001, 02:28 PM
re: abdominal mass

Ladies,
thanks for yor spport. The latest news is that I will be having surgery next week to remove the mass. Between that delay and troubles with disability I'm a mess. I left work today, [I was only there for a few hours] after hearing from the doctor. I know our country is grieving, and I don't mean to make my situation out to be as terrible as what so many are going through. I am angry that my original doctor dismissed my pain and fever and that this was only found with a new doctor and AFTER my 100% disability was over, and now that I have to wait again.

thanks and God Bless...
Unread 09-12-2001, 08:35 PM
Disappearing Act - Help!

Hi CCC,

I'm so sorry you are facing this situation! Please consider posting on our Road Less Traveled board. It is for sisters with ongoing problems after their hyst, and also for those facing additional surgeries afterwards. You will get a special kind of support there as those ladies have been through more similar situations than the ladies here, in general.

Please be sure to post there after your surgery, too...we will all want to know how you've done!

My very best to you...

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register